Complaint Review: Dominion Law Assoicates

• Submitted: Wed, December 05, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 05, 2012

• Reported By: mb1106 — Springfield Virginia United States of America
Dominion Law Assoicates
222 Central Park Ave, Suite 210 Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

Dominion Law Assoicates Deceptive Business Practices. What should I do? Virginia Beach, Virginia

Back when I was in college, I had a credit card that ended up getting out of control and I essentally defaulted on and it went to a collections agency. The credit card company filed a suit against me in the city that I lived in while in college and when the hearing happened, I was not able to attend because I had not received information about the hearing. Eventually a garnishment was entered against me by the court for Dominion Law Associates. Problems first started when they tired to garnish my wages with a company I no longer worked for.

I have since been in contact with Dominion Law Associates and tried to work out a payment plan. I set up a plan for $150 dollars a month. I started to pay since July of 2012 and have made payments since them to the tune of $700 up until October when I lost my job and had other bills to pay. When I received a letter from them, they said that I have only paid $450. I called them and they said that they had no record of two payments being made to the account. I told them the account number I used and they said that it was not my account.

The problems are as follows: A) When I called them this month, they have record of a payment being made in October that was paid to the same account that I made the two previous payments. B) When I asked why no one called me to make sure that I had the correct information or about what happened, they basically explained that it was all my fault. I posed the question that if essentially entered in a incorrect account number by accident, why doesn't anyone contact me. They pointed the finger at me and said its all my fault yet they took money from my account and gave it to someone else without bothering to find out anything from me.

Every time I have tried to call I get on hold for 20 minutes or more and then have to deal with an employee that wants to have attitude and will not give me a straight answer. I need help!! I don't trust that this company and since now finding out that they will take money from my account and let it go to another person's account without me knowing, I want to know if there is anything I can do. Please Help!! :(

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dominion-Law-Assoicates/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23461/Dominion-Law-Assoicates-Deceptive-Business-Practices-What-should-I-do-Virginia-Beach-V-978310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dominion Law Assoicates