Complaint Review: Dominion Trust Inc

• Submitted: Sat, August 23, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 23, 2008

• Reported By:waxahachie Texas
Dominion Trust Inc
P O Box 1200 Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Dominion Trust Inc Grant Rip-Off Brooklyn New York

I received a check from Dominion Trust, Inc for $4975.00. They stated that I had to call the number in the letter before cashing the check.

There were three boxes on the letter - 1st saying that I could cash the check, pay the $3150 Foreign Access Taxes and receive a check for $36,025.00. The second box stated that I would not accept the check, pay the F.A.T. myself and get a check for $41,000. The third box was "No Thanks". In this instance the money would go to local charities in the State of Residence of the recipient after the expiration date.

I called the number, the recording asked me to leave my phone number, name and clain number. Then I researched them on the Internet and found the RipOff reports. This is the second time I have had this happen.

The first time was from a company in Ontario, Canada. They sent me a check for $4500 stating that $174.00 was my salary, I was to buy $60 worth of merchandise at both Wal-Mart and J.C. Penney's, and I was to send a Money Gram for $4206.00 to a woman in Canada also.

I called my bank and they said the check was no good. When I contacted the company they told me, very indignately, that the check was indeed good and the would call my bank immediately and get back to me right away. Needless to say I never heard back from them. But they did send me a second check the next week saying it was my second assignment.

I wish I knew where these people get our names. Does anyone have any answers? At any rate, don't accept a check from Dominion Trust, Inc. for a "Home Improvement Grant"!!

Momrabe
waxahachie, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2008 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dominion-Trust-Inc/Brooklyn-New-York-11212/Dominion-Trust-Inc-Grant-Rip-Off-Brooklyn-New-York-366195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dominion Trust Inc