Complaint Review: Dominion Wrecker

• Submitted: Sat, July 25, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, August 21, 2009

• Reported By:Dallas Georgia
Dominion Wrecker
2154 Poplar St Stafford, Virginia U.S.A.

Dominion Wrecker Selective Towing Stafford Virginia

* : Towing and credit cards

* : A little help

I arrived at my son's apartment late in the evening and parked in a visitor's parking area. When I got up my SUV had been towed. When I called to find out why the person on the phone told me I did not have a visitor sticker on my vehicle and that I should have had one. I have never had to have a sticker before, I just had to make sure I was parked in a visitor parking area. I feel they targeted me because I had an out of state tag on my vehicle and would just pay and shut up. I find it suspect that they wanted me to pay $150.00 in cash in order to pick up my vehicle. I asked her why couldn't I pay with a credit card she said their machine was down (it was struck by lightening). I explained to her that I didnot travel with a lot of cash on me and that I only had a credit card, then she decided I could pay by credit card. I would like to know how many other victims they have targeted and forced them to pay in cash.

Deborah
Dallas, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2009 04:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dominion-Wrecker/Stafford-Virginia/Dominion-Wrecker-Selective-Towing-Stafford-Virginia-473208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dominion Wrecker

#1

Towing and credit cards

AUTHOR: ralee@telusplanet.net - (Canada)

I am suprised that they allowed you to pay with a credit card. It must be law where this happend. Where I live if your car is towed for an infraction like this you pay cash. No exceptions. This is because the appeal proccess can take 6 months and cost hundreds of dollars to get paid when people dispute the charges. I like embarasing people in small claims court over this but as a hobby its too expensive. If I tow it you pay cash.

#2

A little help

AUTHOR: Fiaman - (U.S.A.)

Well I really can't give you any insight on why they would make you pay cash and be firm on it. However I can give you some insight as to why you were towed. Even though you parked there before and didn't need a visitors pass, doesn't mean that you dont need one now. If your from out of state and visiting your son then that probably means that you don't come here every weekend. The contract between the parking enforcement company and the property manager can change depending on the needs of the property. They could have changed it due to the fact that other people from other complexes were parking in their visitors spots and walking to another property. Just try to keep in mind that demand is the reason there is supply. I am a former impound driver myself and I hope this information was helpful. There is another report on here for the same company and I go into further detail about contracts in that one. Have a good day.