Complaint Review: Dominium

• Updated: Sat, December 15, 2012

• Reported By: Deb K — ENTERPRISE Alabama United States of America
Dominium
1600 Slash Pine Cir Punta Gorda, Florida United States of America

Dominium 7 Palms Apartments Don't help the disabled and put your life in danger Punta Gorda, Florida

I moved from another state to FL and had to find a place to live as soon as possible. The person I spoke to on the phone from 7 Palms Apartments sounded very helpful. I drove down and took a look at a downstairs apartment which was nice. I told her I would take it but absolutely needed a downstairs apartment as I am disabled.

After I signed the lease they informed me it was an upstairs apartment and that there were no downstairs apartments available and I could not back out of the lease...this being within 15 minutes of signing the lease! I left not knowing what to do. (By the way, there were MANY downstairs apartments that were empty!)

After returning to my home state I contact the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and tried to get them to help me get a downstairs apartment. They did not do anything to help. Needless to say, my move date was upon me and I had to move. Climbing those stairs hurt me so very much and left me in complete agony.

But the worst was yet to come! Just 3 months after moving in my neighbors were having what sounded like a loud brawl at 2am and I was desperately trying to get some sleep. I tapped the wall gently after listening to the slamming, screaming and pounding for over a half hour. My neighbor decided to answer my tapping by threatening to kill me. I called the police and they arrived within minutes but my neighbors would not answer their door.

The next morning I went down to speak to the apartment manager and to my utter surprise was told there was nothing they could do!! I decided to move out. I was in fear for my and my daughter's life. We had no one to protect us.

I wrote the apartment manager a long letter describing why I was leaving and that I had left the apartment in MUCH better condition than when I rented it (among many other things gum was stuck above a door when I moved in). And that I would like for my lease to be excused and that I would expect a full refund of my deposit.

Their answer? To bug me almost daily with phone calls telling me I owe them thousands of dollars!

This is the worst company to rent from. Your life could be put in danger and they don't care, they don't care about disabilities, and they are the absolute slowest to repair anything wrong in your apartment!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2012 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dominium/Punta-Gorda-Florida-33950/Dominium-7-Palms-Apartments-Dont-help-the-disabled-and-put-your-life-in-danger-Punta-Gord-982508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dominium