Complaint Review: Dominos Pizza

• Submitted: Wed, December 24, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 15, 2009

• Reported By:Bloomington Indiana
Dominos Pizza
527 N. Walnut St Bloomington, Indiana U.S.A.

Dominos Pizza hidden charges and rudeness Bloomington Indiana

*Author of original report: customer response to employee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I used to be an area supervisor

I have had multiple problems with Domino's Pizza. My friends and I visit the store in person a lot and if we ask for extra toppings on our sandwiches, we get them without a problem and are not charged extra or notified of any extra costs. However when I order online from campusfood.com I usually never get what I asked for (but my boyfriend gets the tomatoes removed from his salad). I called to ask about it and the manager said something about the additions being on the wrong part of the form. But the same person made the salad and sandwich and just chose to ignore that part of my order.

On another occasion, my boyfriend and I waited 2 hours for our order. I had asked for buffalo chicken kickers and I got barbeque wings which don't even look the same! And we asked for a diet coke and a regular coke, and I never got my drink but I was charged the same price. I went back on campusfood's site and added everything up and it was the same except for a penny's difference. When I called the store back I asked why I was charged for 2 drinks and only got one, and they said I wasn't. So I asked why my order cost so much and the person said "Because it did." Can you say rude?!

So my boyfriend got on the phone and told them about how we added everything up and it turns out they charged me $1.50 EACH for the toppings I wanted on my sandwich- more than would even be on a pizza! That is unbelievable! I told them that the charge had never been mentioned to me and they said "Well, it costs extra." Nice explanation there.

A delivery driver even ASKED me for a tip once even though he was ridiculously late. When I was signing the receipt he looked me right in the eye and said "You're going to give me a tip, right?" I think that is extremely rude. I have no problem with tipping a driver especially if they come on time or faster but isn't it a faux pas to ask someone?

Miss star
Bloomington, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2008 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dominos-Pizza/Bloomington-Indiana/Dominos-Pizza-hidden-charges-and-rudeness-Bloomington-Indiana-404726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dominos Pizza

customer response to employee

AUTHOR: Miss Star - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for writing me back. When I talked to the manager of this store he told me that several people complained about the driver who asked for the tip and that he was fired. He even described him to me as a "Large Oriental man." So imagine my surprise when I ordered again and the same person shows up and walks into my house, sticks his hand out and says "Are you going to give me a tip?"

I called and complained again and the manager told me that on my next order, no matter what I wanted it would be free. But every other time I've called, they said this manager was transferred to a different store and there is only a credit on my account for the same order.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I used to be an area supervisor

AUTHOR: Brenpierce25 - (U.S.A.)

First off I am very sorry the driver asked you for a tip, If he were one of mine he would be fired, but thats why they call me the "pizza n**i"

Stores do make mistakes and I believe that is due to poor management and poor training.

A Hint to you...

Ordering online almost always costs you more thats why I like it so much (Increased ticket price)

Talking to them on the phone you can almost always get a special or a deal.

Walking in and ordering a carryout when they are slow and being very polite can usually get them do give you free stuff like toppings or dipping cups which are ALWAYS charged for when ordering a delivery or online.