Complaint Review: Dominos Pizza

• Submitted: Fri, October 03, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 07, 2009

• Reported By:Knoxville Tennessee
Dominos Pizza
5420 Pleasant Ridge Rd. Knoxville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Dominos Pizza Dominos will not quit their automated calling - I work 3rd shift! Knoxville Tennessee

*Author of original report: Dominos automated calls have finally stopped!

*Consumer Suggestion: Start with registering your number with the DO NOT CALL REGISTRY if you have not done so yet.

*Consumer Comment: Here's how I would handle it

*Consumer Comment: have your phone # change to a new number

I work 12 hour shifts from 6pm to 6am. The rip-off here is not monitary, it is with me loosing sleep due to Dominos calling me constantly during the day on my home phone with automated sales calls waking me up at various hours. I have requested at least 5 seperate times to have my name and phone number removed from their calling list. Every time I have called and complained I have been promised that I will not receive any more automated calls. This is complete BS!

I keep getting the calls and keep getting woke up! This makes my work night extreemly hard to stay awake. Getting a sales call at 2:28PM for me is like getting a call at 02:28AM to most people! My home phone is mainly for my family up north to get in touch with me in case of an emergency. It is not for Dominos to wake me up whenever they feel like it. I have emailed them, talked to managers, employees, etc... It still continues.

What the HECK do I have to do to get permanently removed from this calling list? I will never ever buy pizza from them again due to this. THIS IS TOTALLY REDICULOUS! I'M LOOSING SLEEP DUE TO THESE IDIOTS WANTING TO SELL PIZZAS!!!! THEY WON'T STOP!!!

Steve
Knoxville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2008 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dominos-Pizza/Knoxville-Tennessee-37921/Dominos-Pizza-Dominos-will-not-quit-their-automated-calling-I-work-3rd-shift-Knoxville-378167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dominos Pizza

Dominos automated calls have finally stopped!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

The last time Dominos did an automated call to me (Probably about 4 months ago or so), there was actually an option to opt out of future calls. WOW! I could not believe my ears! I opted out as quickly as possible. I have not had any more calls from Dominos since then, thank GOD! I have not ordered any more pizzas from them either as I'm afraid they will start the automated calls again. Thanks for all the suggestions folks, but I flat out refuse to change my number because of a POS company that doesn't care about their customers wishes or piece of mind. I was already on the national do not call list, but apparently if you have done business with a company in the past, they have the right to call you from what I've heard. I've been sleeping a lot better now. If I could just get the Mother-in-law to quit calling during the day now. LOL!

Thanks again for the support and suggestions people. :)

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

It takes 31 days for it to take effect

If you have already - file a complaint against them

Here's how I would handle it

AUTHOR: Andy - (U.S.A.)

Next time you get a call from them. Leave a message with your name and phone number. Tell them specifically, "Put me on your Do Not Call List". Make a note of the date and time you left this message. If they call again, write a complaint letter to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in Washington DC.

These days there are strict Telemarketing Rules. Each telemarketer must keep an internal "Do Not Call List" and must add your name to it if you make that request. If they fail to do so and continue to call, they risk a hefty fine from the FTC.

You should also consider adding your name and number to the "National Do Not Call List" as maintained by the FTC. That way it would be illegal for any telemarketer (other than a charity) to make a unsolicited call to you. Telemarketers must screen the phone numbers of calls they are about to make against this list or they also face a hefty FTC fine. Look into it.

have your phone # change to a new number

AUTHOR: Lupin - (U.S.A.)

Nobody can't sleep with that not even me if nothing else works... change your phone number or have a caller blocked if possable.