Complaint Review: Don Cosa Images

• Updated: Mon, September 03, 2012

• Reported By: Monica — bronx New York USA
Don Cosa Images
163 Engle st 4a englewood, New Jersey United States of America

Don Cosa Images microdot, Doncosa Don Cosa beware...$4000 down the drain Englewood New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: DON COSA IS A RIPOFF

* : Rebuttal from Doncosa Images

Four months ago I spent $4000 at Don Cosa for a full head of what supposedly is the finest hair system around(Microdot). One of the co-owners or the owner's daughter Stacey did the consultation and showed me pictures of beautiful hairstyles. She told me to pick one and all my hair issues would be solved forever. I was promised that the hair would look natural(I am a Black woman) and that if there were any problems they would be addressed immendiately. What a joke!

I was very excited and waited about six weeks to get my hair. I arrived for my aoppointment and Stacey herself was going to do my hair, which should have been my first red flag.

When Stacey first fitted me I noticed that the process did not cover my whole head. The area of my head that has hair is 12x12. The process she gave me was 8x7. I told her I paid for a full head not a partial.  Stacey assured me this was a full head so I let her proceed. Needless to say when she finished about a fourth of my hair was left out.

She still insisted that this is a full head. How can it be full when 4 inches in the back are left out. On a windy day you would see my own hair and I was unable to wear a pony tail like she promised me in consulation. I am a  emergency room nurse and I have to wear a ponytail. Well when she finished she immediately ran out of the room and disapeared. Convienantly no one knew where she went.

Everytime I called she was never in and when I came back one day to talk to her she saw me and locked herself into a room in the back. I pounded on the door but no one answered. I was so angry and upset  no one would listen to me. I tried the owner James Cosa as well. I called, sent letters, I tried everything and no one ever got back to me.  Not only is the process too small but the color and the texture do not match my own. If I wanted  a white womans hair I could get a cheap wig.

The owners are not nice people and not honest at all. DO NOT GET YOUR HAIR DONE THERE LADIES. Learn form my mistake. I am currently taking legal action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2009 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Don-Cosa-Images/englewood-New-Jersey-07631/Don-Cosa-Images-microdot-Doncosa-Don-Cosa-beware4000-down-the-drain-Englewood-New-Jer-488287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Don Cosa Images

DON COSA IS A RIPOFF

AUTHOR: ESOR - (United States of America)

I totally agree with Monica. Stacey's response and explanation is a lot of 'bull' and double talk. I had a similar experience as Monica and I was not there during ANY promotional or training sessions. They totally ripped me off, and I foolishly continued to return for maintenance, adapting myself and trying to make the best of it.

Even though I was unable to expose the back of my head, I tried to enjoy the decent parts that was maintained by a very decent, caring, and professional employee of the company called Monika. She is no longer with the company, but the day she left is the day Don Cosa really went into the toilet. Unlike Monika, Stacey does not care about her customers, her only interest is money, and she ALWAYS try to encourage her customers to do anything that will ensure her more money, even if it is not in THEIR best interest. Stacey is a phony, not at all a decent person.

I am very disappointed with the way Don Cosa took advantage of me and ripped me off. Their sale pitch when I first went to see them, is that their technique will not destroy or damage your own hair. But all that is a LIE, the MICRODOT SYSTEM is more damaging than a weave, or a braid. PLEASE BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID OF DON COSA ENGLEWOOD NJ.

#2

Rebuttal from Doncosa Images

AUTHOR: Stacy - (USA)

This is in response to Ms. Monica Applewhites`s online complaint.

Ms. Applewhite was participating in our training program; which makes it more affordable for clients to obtain the Microdot Process. She was well aware of the training program discount she was receiving and the hair order for her area of concern (which was only a partial area of her head.)

Ms. Applewhite had some concerns about the way the hair looked. We scheduled another appointment for Ms. Applewhite and at that time, we added more hair free of charge even though she only paid for a partial amount.

We take customer satisfaction very seriously here at Doncosa Images. We feel communication is very important. Since Ms. Applewhite did not approach us direct with her concerns, we will use this forum to address her needs. So at this point and time if Ms. Applewhite is still dissatisfied with her Microdot Process we will fully stand by our product and invite her back in for us to address her concerns free of charge.

Sincerely, Stacy Costa