Complaint Review: Don Lapre & GVW

• Submitted: Thu, August 30, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, August 31, 2007

• Reported By:Belfair Washington
Don Lapre & GVW
3112 N. 30th Avenue Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Don Lapre & GVW: Hard Pill To Make Your Bank Account Swallow!! News Report: Lapre, Valley-based vitamin seller, investigated ripoff Phoenix Arizona

*Author of original report: Don Lapre And The Greatest Vitamins In The World News Report: Lapre Under Investigation By Federal Government Phoenix Arizona

Here is a link to the story of Lapre being investigated, just copy & paste it to your address bar: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/0821biz-lapre0821.html

Here is my story
Signed up to be an independent advertiser on April 28, 2007.
Activated the website on May 8, 2007
Cancelled over the phone June 12, 2007
Sent in the Termination Paper on June 23, 2007

This program comes with a 60 money back guarantee, I cancelled within that timeframe. I was told at the time of requesting the cancellation that I was within the 60 day money back guarantee timeframe and would receive a charge back to the credit card which was charged within 1 to 2 bill cycles. I have yet to see the charge back to the card.

I have repeatedly called their customer service number 1-800-544-8482 during their business hours of 8am to 4:45pm PST. My work hours prevent me from waiting & waiting for assistance. I have tried their technical line, which answers as "Vision Designs": 1-800-544-8482 prompt 3 and their coaching line at 1-800-277-4320, as well as another number I found for their office at 1-800-547-5152.

I even called their direct Arizona number at 602-265-5540 and didn't talk to anyone at any of the prompts: 1> Customer Service, 2> Coaching & 3> Technical. I left a message thru the technical line due to it being the only line that the mailbox wasn't full. I might add here that the reason the mailbox picked up was because it stated that I called outside their technical department's business hours of 8am to 5pm Arizona time, I placed the call at 1:10pm PST. I provided my phone number & email address.

I happened to be off from work August 30, 2007 and tried calling all of the above numbers again, this time having the luxury to remain on the line waiting. This time it automatically went a voicemail box that was full & the call ended.

Filed online complaint 08/30/2007 to the Arizona Attorney Generals Office at: online.complaints@azag.gov

It seems that the one way some have found to get reimbursed is to file a complaint with the Attorney General's office or the Better Business Bureau of the state of Arizona. Good luck to all in getting their money back.

Swallowed an ugly vitamin!!
Belfair, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2007 09:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Don-Lapre-GVW/Phoenix-Arizona-85017/Don-Lapre-GVW-Hard-Pill-To-Make-Your-Bank-Account-Swallow-News-Report-Lapre-Valley--271504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Don Lapre & GVW

AUTHOR: Swallowed an ugly vitamin!! - (U.S.A.)

As the title states there is a news report, here is the link if you would care to read it: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/0821biz-lapre021.html

Here is my story: I am a newly divorced 43 yr old and went from a $65,000 per year household income down to $20,000 per year. So when I saw an opportunity to make things better for me financially & prepare for my retirement I signed up to become an independent advertiser for these so-called greatest vitamins in the world. I thought there is a 60 day money back guarantee, so I'll toss caution to the wind and see if this could work for me. I charged the cost to a credit card, which I really couldn't afford, but you know the saying, "you have to spend money to make money".

I got the info in the mail, activated the website and just waited to see what would happen. I waited about 6 weeks and nothing happened, so I called the customer service number 1-800-544-8482 to cancel. I was within the 60 days, so I figured it would be no problem. The CSR was very friendly, offered to add people under me to boost sales and I considered it but decided against it and requested cancellation. He had stated that the refund would charge back to my credit card in 1 to 2 billing cycles. About a week later I received a paper that needed my signature, "Termination of Services Agreement", which I signed and sent back. I am still within the 60 day guarantee timeframe when I sent it back.

I have checked my credit card statement for the last 3 bill cycles and still no refund. I have called all the numbers that I could find for contacting them. My work schedule is the same as their business hours of Mon-Fri 8am to 4:45pm PST, so it was difficult to remain on the line waiting and waiting. I filled up my breaks and lunch times waiting on the phone for them to answer. I was off from work today due to a repairman coming to my home to fix my frig, so I figured I had the luxury to spend all day if I had to waiting for someone to answer. This time it rang once and went to a mailbox which was full. I was able to leave a message, which was not a very nice one, on the technical line that I called.

I started searching the internet for any other numbers I could call and came across the website for the Attorney General's Office of the State of Arizona, online.complaints@azag.gov. I filed a complaint and will see what that brings to fruition. I did read an article in my searches that stated that some were getting refunds if they complained to the Attorney General's Office or the Better Business Bureau, so complain away to get you money back. I'm sure the more complaints, the better their case will be against Mr. Lapre. Good luck to you all in getting justice and I hope there is a class action lawsuit because I will be part of it you can take that to the bank.

See other reports at this link: http://badbusinessbureau.com/searchresults.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=Don+Lapre

Link to website with videos: http://www.thegreatestvitaminintheworld.com/index.php?disp_pg=video

socialism