- Report: #25053
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Don McGill Toyota Dealership
Don McGill Toyota Dealership11800 Old Katy Road Houston, Texas U.S.A.
Don Mcgill Toyota Deceitful sale of 1998 Toyotal Land Cruiser claiming it as a "Toyota Certified Used Vehicle" rip-off scam dirt bags the business that doesn't give a dam Houston Texas
*0: CASE FAVORABLY RESOLVED
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
2. We drove from El Paso to Houston and puchased what we were told was a 1998 Toyota Certified Land Cruiser, along with the vehicle we also purchased the "Toyota Certified Used Vehicle Warranty" for an additional $865.00.
3. Upon arrival to El Paso we had the vehicle inspected at a dealership and were appalled to find out that this "so called" Certified Vehicle presented the following:
A. Several signs throughout -- indicating that the vehicle had been invlolved in one or more accidents and had not been properly repaired. (Signs only obvious to an expert.)
B. The orginal Toyota windshield glass was replaced with a generic one which was not properly installed, resulting in a constant noise due to an air-leak.
C. Hale damage on the entire roof of the vehicle.
D. Defective head lamp.
E. Etcetera... Entire estimate of repairs exceeds $6,000.
4. All four tires that vehicle came with were claimed "unsafe."
by tire expert.
5. After presenting case and evidence to an attorney in El Paso,
Don Mcgill's attorneys "simply" responded by claiming that this 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser is NOT a Toyota Certified Vehicle.
6. The only proposal we have seen in writing states that the dealership is willing to buy back the vehicle. Of course, we are liable for depreciation and mileage expense on the vehicle.
7. Needless to say -- this is pathetic! We have already spent $1,500.00 in attorney's fees.
8. There's alot more to be said, but this should cover the main points.
el paso, Texas
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2002 05:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Don-McGill-Toyota-Dealership/Houston-Texas-77079/Don-Mcgill-Toyota-Deceitful-sale-of-1998-Toyotal-Land-Cruiser-claiming-it-as-a-Toyota-Ce-25053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.