Complaint Review: Don McGill Toyota Katy, Texas

• Updated: Fri, February 28, 2014

• Reported By: Venose — Katy Texas
Don McGill Toyota Katy, Texas
21555 Katy Freeway, Katy, TX 77450 , Select State/Province USA

Don McGill Toyota Katy, Texas Don McGill Toyota Katy, Texas - Deceptive Diagnostics to Rob You… Stay Away! Katy Texas

Don McGill Toyota Katy, Texas - Deceptive

Diagnostics to Rob You…. Stay Away!

I took my car there for my scheduled oil change only. As always, they called to inform me that the car needed a long list of repairs that amounts to about $2000 (water pump, brakes, filters, belts, etc.)

I bought the parts that are easy to change at Auto Zone and proceeded to do the work myself .  To my surprise there was a drop of coolant indicating it needs a new water pump; the filters were just as clean as the day I installed them 3 months ago (I don’t drive much – I’m old).

I took my car to a trustworthy mechanic for a second opinion, and he also confirmed that I did not need the water pump, brakes , belts, etc.

Don McGill did the same thing with my wife’s car, and they wanted almost $3000 for repairs even though she just had a new engine put in.  A decent mechanic did everything for less than $300.

What an outrageous rip-off! I will never go back to Don McGill Toyota for as long as I live!

WARNING (Lesson Learned): Never, Never, Never fall for their list of repairs needed….drive to another mechanic first to confirm, if your car indeed needs that work

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2014 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Don-McGill-Toyota-Katy-Texas-/Select-StateProvince/Don-McGill-Toyota-Katy-Texas-Don-McGill-Toyota-Katy-Texas-Deceptive-Diagnostics-to-Ro-1127387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Don McGill Toyota Katy, Texas