Complaint Review: Don McGill Toyota Katy

• Updated: Wed, August 22, 2012

• Reported By: Karissma — Houston Texas United States of America
Don McGill Toyota Katy
katy, Texas United States of America

In May 2012 I went to the dealership looking to buy a new car. We found the one we were looking for asst the price we wanted. We filled out paperwork and waited a little while before leaving. Later that day they contacted me to tell me I was approved. The following day I obtained insurance and took them my down payment. I signed a bunch of contact paperwork and drove off in My new car. A month later I returned to the dealership because I knew my first payment was due and hadn't received my paper work yet. They tell me that the finance company didn't finance me and they'd have to secure new financing. A few hours later they asked me to return the next day and everything would be taken care of. The next day we returned, signed new contacts and reassured everything was taken care of for sure this time. A month later I contact them because I called the finance company who told me to call dealer when I hadn't received a payment book. I was informed finance company denied my application and that they could not verify my info which I knew to be untrue because I faxed them requested info and they contacted people whose information was only available in my fax. It took Don McGill ten days to call me and request updated information from me. At this point I was out of town on vacation. When I emailed the info I informed them my temp plates were expired and I could not drive the vehicle. A month later I finally get a call asking for return of the vehicle. I explain I cannot drive across for states with expired tags.

After ten days I filed a complaint because no one would contact me back regarding return of the vehicle. The following day they contact me stating they would pick up vehicle or I could drive it back.I remind them my temp plates are expired but now I'm not in a position financially to make the trip and don't feel it is my problem.I bought a vehicle thinking I owned a new car not that it was contingent on a dealerships gamble. So now I'm out a vehicle and my down payment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2012 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Don-McGill-Toyota-Katy/katy-Texas-/Don-McGill-Toyota-Katy-DECEPTIVE-BUSINESS-PRACTICES-katy-Texas-931031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Don McGill Toyota Katy