Complaint Review: Don McGill Toyota

• Submitted: Wed, April 16, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, April 16, 2003

• Reported By:katy Texas
Don McGill Toyota
11800 Old Katy Road Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Don McGill Toyota Financing Ripoff fraud business Houston Texas

My story is 99% similar to what has been described by another writer-- Jane. (See Below)
It happend around the same time-Dec-2002.

"EXACTLY THE SAME DECEPTION" by the finance manager (Mary Li).

Rebuttal Consumer Comment
Submitted: 12/4/2002 7:01:56 AM Modified: 12/5/2002 1:12:17 AM

Lies and tricks from the finance manager

My boyfreind Kyle, went to Don Mcgill to purchase a 2002 Toyota Camery .The internet price was 15000 for the car he was interested in . Kyle tried to talk them down to 14,000, then 14,500 and they said that was the rock bottem price, they would not go any lower than that. So kyle and I discussed on the phone and decided we would settle for 15,000.

Then Kyle went into the finance department to complete the deal.He got the bumper to bumper and low jack for 1,870. He came home so happy and excited. Then he showed me the paper work. When we looked over it we could not believe our eyes. We just couldnt believe it.They made the sale for 16,700.The finance manager said if he puts down 6,000, around 10,000 would be financed. Instead 6,000 was put down and 14130.30 was financed. I told him to go up there immediately and get this straightened out. I said this could all be an honest mistake. Well it wasnt a mistake.

When kyle went up there and told them there was a mistake, the agreement was for 15,000 not 16,700, all the finance manager said was verbal agreements dont matter, written agreements do. How can they both agree to 15,000 and then have the finance manager dishonestly put 16,700. When kyle saw the 16,700 he thought that included the bumper to bumper and low jack. When we went down the page we saw the charge of 1,870 for the bumper to bumper and low jack. We saw it was not included. I dont see how they get away with such deceptive behavior, further more I dont see how they sleep at night.

Jane - Houston, Texas

katy, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2003 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Don-McGill-Toyota/Houston-Texas-77079/Don-McGill-Toyota-Financing-Ripoff-fraud-business-Houston-Texas-53149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Don McGill Toyota