• Report: #207418

• Updated: Thu, July 05, 2007

• Reported By:Cedar Ridge California
Don N. Brubaker, Architect; , Architectural Interpreters & Co
hughesnet.com Internet U.S.A.

Hughesnet, Direcway.com - A COMPANY THAT ONLY CARES ABOUT IT'S MONEY AND NOT THE CUSTOMER UNITED STATES - SOON TO BE NO WHERE IF THE CUSTOMER WINS Internet,UNITED STATES

*Consumer Comment: Canceling your credit card may not work

*Author of original report: Proof of Hughes/Direcway INCOMPETENCY

*UPDATE Employee: We want to resolve your issue personally

*Consumer Comment: DIRECWAY- DIAL UP IS BETTER!!

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO USE UPPERCASE, BECAUSE I AM SO UPSET WITH THESE JERKS. I "UPGRADED" TO THE "PROFESSIONAL" PLAN TO GET FASTER EMAIL UPLOAD SPEED, AND NOW I CAN'T EVEN USE MY EMAIL! ... IDIOTS ... !!

I am so tired of hughes.net; formerly direcway.com. They have screwed up everyones email so much. I was promised when i signed up that i would be able to use my sbcglobal.net email address through the satellite internet hook-up. I was and it was fine until they changed over to hughes.net. There excuse was that it was easier for them ... For them .... Not the customer, to make us all change our email addresses to hughes.net ... and will they change all my contacts and notify them?? .. NO!!!.

For awhile after this change to hughes it actually worked, but now again it does not after them doing some riduculous change FOR THEIR CONVENIENCE AGAIN, and their only response is that i can't get or send email via my old email address that worked fine through them until this morning (8/22/06) "JUST BECAUSE". Then i get a moron that can't speak english worth a damn, spending most of time just trying to understand what he's saying. He said he wouldn't help me anymore since i was using another company's email address and not hughes.net and that i should use their web-based email .... No thanks ....

Web based email is garbage when youR business depends on keeping track of emails and sending emails with attachments. ..... So..oo i have a little surprise for hughes ..

I cancelled my credit card that they get paid with .... When i get the service i've had, they'll get paid, just like my clients won't pay me unless i provide the service agreed to. I urge others to do the same and fight these jerks!!!

Don
Cedar Ridge, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2006 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Don-N-Brubaker-Architect-Architectural-Interpreters-Co/internet/Hughesnet-Direcwaycom-A-COMPANY-THAT-ONLY-CARES-ABOUT-ITS-MONEY-AND-NOT-THE-CUSTOMER-207418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Don N. Brubaker, Architect; , Architectural Interpreters & Co

no service,no tech support, dont get direcway!

Canceling your credit card may not work

AUTHOR: Jackie - (U.S.A.)

I've already posted my complaint about HughesNet. I would like to add that canceling your credit card might not do any good. Today I was told that if I do that they will send me a paper bill and if I refuse to pay that, they will then turn it over to a collection agency. What a hassle! And I am not the one in the wrong here! As another poster said, it is "implied guarantee of speed" but also why pay for each level of service if you aren't even going to get close to the minimum? In other words why have the ProPlan if you're not even going to get standard grade service which costs a lot less than Pro.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Hughesnet_sucks - (U.S.A.)

Direcway/Hughes has had at least 1 complaint filed with the BBB in D.C. (I too have been ripped off by this company). I will be filing a complaint with the BBB, the Attorney General's office in my state. I'm only getting 0-19k down on average and when level 4 couldn't figure out the problem I was told I would have to buy all new equipment by the upgrade department who has little or now clue. I'm so pissed off now that I'm going into my on call week at work with no internet solution that I've decided that I'm going to also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

These are all things that you may wish to do. Obviously Hughes feels like they can mislead through their advertisments and don't have to deliver anything. That kind of thing us usually practiced by scam artists. Also you have to deal with the clueless support in India, the best way is to tell them right off the bat that you can't understand them and must speak to someone in America. If they won't transfer you then tell them you want the call escalated (keep going until you reach 4th level - they're based state side in Florida).

I have to say I admire your actions and am contemplating deep sixing my credit card and telling Hughes to piss off too.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

#8 Consumer Suggestion

#9 Consumer Suggestion

Proof of Hughes/Direcway INCOMPETENCY

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

Here is proof of the disgraceful behaviour of Hughesnet/Direcway in their "response" to this complaint ONLY wanting to resolve this by having me contact them individually! ..... Gee, and then it/he asks to provide information for contacting me ......... do I have an account with them, INCLUDING email, phone numbers, etc ...... or not????? Duh!!!!!!!!

We would like to resolve your complaint/issue individually.

Please give us a way that we can contact you so that we may address your concerns.

Thank you.

DIRECWAY- DIAL UP IS BETTER!!

AUTHOR: Jack - (U.S.A.)

I EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEMS. AT FIRST I HAD QUICK INTERNET AND BLAZING DOWNLOADS,THEN GRADUALLY IT GOT SLOWER AND SLOWER. TALKING TO THE IDIOTS IN INDIA TELLING YOU TO EMPTY YOUR CACHE BLAH BLAH. END RESULT NO UPLOAD AND NO DOWNLOAD. I HOT CARDED MY VISA AND TOOK THE ATTENNA DOWN AND GOT DIAL UP AGAIN. MISS THE QUICK DOWNLOADS BUT DIDNT HAVE THAT EITHER TOWARD LAST. AT LEAST WITH DIAL UP I CAN E MAIL AND READ THE NEWS. DIRECWAY SUCKS,NEED A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THEM. IF I SOLD A PRODUCT AS FAULTY AS THEIRS I WOULD BE IN JAIL!

attacked