lovely

• Reported By: S — Victoria Texas United States of America
Don Rucker Tire and Wheel
3619 Ranch Road 620 North. Austin, Texas United States of America

Don Rucker Tire and Wheel Marking up Dealership Parts Prices Austin, Texas

*General Comment: What were they charging you for labor?

*General Comment: OOPs Typo

*General Comment: Industry Insider Comments

I took my car to Don Rucker Tire & Wheel to my get car repaired. They gave me a quote after diognosing my BMW vehicle. After doing my research on parts and labor time I found out they were trying to over price my BMW part for much more than I would buy at the dealership. On top of that with Rucker's being a mechanic shop they receive a 20% discount for the parts they buy from BMW. When I confronted the owner he told me to pick up my vehicle and had nothing to say. I never had any service from them after all. (Thank Goodness) I am reporting this business as a rip off and scamming people out of money and marking up dealership prices when they shouldn't be. I know they give service multiple businesses their in Lakeway and Austin, TX area and want people to know what they are doing. I still have the quote they faxed to me as well. I hope this email can help others by not being continuously ripped off and lied to after putting there trust in Don Rucker's Tire and Wheel.

Best Regards,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2012 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Don-Rucker-Tire-and-Wheel/Austin-Texas-78734/Don-Rucker-Tire-and-Wheel-Marking-up-Dealership-Parts-Prices-Austin-Texas-971744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Don Rucker Tire and Wheel

#1 General Comment

What were they charging you for labor?

AUTHOR: SUCKA! - (USA)

What's the year/make/model of the vehicle?  What were you having replaced?  What did they quote you on labor?  How do you know they receive a 20% discount on parts from the dealership?  Why shouldn't you have to pay MSRP value for the item?  Does Rucker's advertise to be running a charity?Did you also get an exact print out from the dealership?  Validate your complaint by blacking out your personal info on the estimate they faxed you and post it on here.  That way, everyone can see what they were REALLY trying to charge you.

And, no, I do not work for them.

#2 General Comment

OOPs Typo

AUTHOR: Bubba - (Canada)

The formula is divide by 0.7

#3 General Comment

Industry Insider Comments

AUTHOR: Bubba - (Canada)

Normal mark up on auto parts should be and a good shop will target 30%  And that is done by taking the cost and dividing by 0.3. Do the math, its more than you think. This is the minimum mark up required to make a decent profit on repairs. The labor rate is only enough to pay the tech and his benifits etc, not make a profit or keep the doors open.

Add to that you have a BMW, notoriously expensive to repair, prone to having complex dificult to diagnose problems with a high warranty comeback rate. From your description I would have been looking for another 30 to 50% just to cover my warranty exposure. No wonder he didn't say anything, you are foolish and he doesn't want you back in his shop.