Supreme

• Updated: Wed, August 31, 2011

• Reported By: Disheartened — San Diego California United States of America
Dona Sears Kokora
P.O. Box 131322 Carlsbad, California 92013 Nationwide United States of America

Dona Sears Kokora, Had Every Excuse In The Book Why They Couldn't Pay & then Skipped Town Boulder, CO, Nationwide

*General Comment: Additional Information From Above Post: Sympathize with original poster

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Sympathize with original author...these people are not to be trusted

*Author of original report: Jay Kokora & Dona Sears Kokora

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: babypro - NO AFFILIATION WITH DONA KOKORA SEARS

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Don't trust everything you read on the internet

I never imagined that this would happen, nor that I'd be writing about it. But several have encouraged me to do so to ensure that it doesn't happen to someone else. If you've come across this blog post you must have come across or know the Kokora's.

In January, 2010, I was contacted by Jay Kokora & Dona Sears Kokora to enroll their son Harry "Jadin" in the preschool that I own & operate in Oceanside, CA.

(Dona is the mother of seven children & the owner of www.BabyPro.com - www.FamilyMuse.com & is billed as a family psychologist. Jay Kokora is a "marketing consultant" & owner of IndigoVentures & www.sellmybiz.net .)

When I met Dona, my intuition told me that I should speak with their previous Waldorf preschool teacher in Boulder, CO. I had the distinct impression that she was name dropping to gain my trust & using all the right "buzz words". She claimed to have served as the board chair person at a Waldorf school in Colorado & had supported the type of small early childhood care centers called LifeWays like the one that I'm working to found here in San Diego.

(As a side note, I am a struggling single mother of two boys. There are four other teachers that work with me on this little labor of love preschool program for young children. Only one of the teachers (not me) is able to draw a salary from this little start up school. Funds are extremely tight and we are all working other jobs if not a few. We in our second year of business & have only a handful of students so every penny counts as we try to get this program started.)

After meeting Jadin, who is a lovable, deep, tender child, we agreed to enroll the family. Dona filled out our very simple application & contract. Within a few weeks, Jadin settled into our program & became part of the group. The first sign of trouble came when tuition was due for January. Dona was late with it and claimed that given the move & changed that payment would be forth coming in a few weeks. Payment finally did arrive for January but late. February tuition was paid at the end of March. Dona claimed to not understand the contract that she signed indicating that tuition was due the 15th for the following month not for the current. I expressed that I'd never heard of a school collecting tuition for a month that was already in session. After endless promises to get current & pay on time, after endless excuses about having to visit her sick mother or Jay's sick father, Jay & Dona disappeared owing us over $6000.00.

Our last communication was the day before they apparently were leaving for Colorado on the "intuition" that Jay's father had taken a turn for the worst. Dona requested our mailing address so she could mail a check for the back tuition from their long awaited tax return. We emailed our address to her, called every day for weeks but neither received a communication or payment.

It's unfortunate that Dona & Jay Kokora also left owing a debt to their babysitter who is a colleague of ours. They also left the home owner of their Carlsbad address with a large debt as well. Knowing that we are not the only one's does not make it any easier. While waiting for the Kokora's to honor their agreement, we depleted our tiny reserves and now do not have the money to pay our expenses, rent & advertising though the summer. One of us had also forgone their salary expecting the Kokora's to pay as they had agreed.

After coming to the conclusion that we'd been had, we finally did what we should have done in the first place. We googled Jay Kokora. It turns out that several folks have taken the time to record their experience dealing with and being scammed by the Kokora's.

We weren't sure about posting this on the internet. It's not pleasant. It's disheartening. But since the Kokora's seem to move around & enroll their children into private Catholic or home based child care schools, we figured that at the very least, it might help someone else avoid the predicament that we now find ourselves in.

We are happy for the Sears-Kokora family to make amends & close out their account with us.

Here are the details of the Kokora family last known to us.

Jay Kokora

P.O. Box 131322
Carlsbad, CA 92013

20343 North Hayden Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

Their children (should they be trying to enroll them at your school)

Harry Jadin Kokora
Kieran Kokora
Savana Kokora
Ryan Kokora
Kelly Kokora
Taylor Kokora

The website we found regarding people owed monies by Jay Kokora:

Dona Sears Kokora:

We talked to the Realtor at their first address in San Diego and determined that the Kokora's scammed the home owner as well owing her a significant sum.

Since small claims court is ruled out as an option for those scammed because the Kokora's no longer reside in California they must be taken to court in Colorado. Unfortunately, we do not have a current physical address for them in Colorado nor do we have the finances to track them down to get resolution. To prevent this from happening to you, we figured that we should be proactive in telling our story.

Please reply to our message should you be able to help in any way.

Sincerely,

A Group of Disheartened Idealists in San Diego

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2010 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dona-Sears-Kokora/nationwide/Dona-Sears-Kokora-Had-Every-Excuse-In-The-Book-Why-They-Couldnt-Pay-then-Skipped-Town-618855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dona Sears Kokora

#1 General Comment

Additional Information From Above Post: Sympathize with original poster

AUTHOR: maine22 - (United States of America)

I forgot to mention my altercation with the Kokora's happened in Scottsdale, Arizona. Last I heard they had moved to California, I am unsure if this is before or after your interaction with them, as I know they moved around a lot, also having lived in Kauai, HI and Colorado.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Sympathize with original author...these people are not to be trusted

AUTHOR: maine22 - (United States of America)

I also have been a victim of Jay and Dona Kokora. I watched their son (s) for many months and I found it very  interesting you were subjected to the same "excuses" of family ailments as myself...many months later...in a different state. I have also been subjected to their lack of pay...many times, even to the point of being verbally disrespected while asking for it. Original poster: please contact me as I have more information and more people affected my them.

Jay Kokora & Dona Sears Kokora

AUTHOR: Disheartened - (United States of America)

I received an email from the Boulder police department stating that Jay Kokora was arrested 12/17/10 for two outstanding warrants for check fraud.

My police department suggests to pursue closure on the outstanding balances civilly.

The current address for the Kokora household is:

3833 Howe Court

Boulder, CO 80301

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

babypro - NO AFFILIATION WITH DONA KOKORA SEARS

AUTHOR: Jason - (United States of America)

This comment is directed to the original person who owns the preschool.  Please remove my website company that is listed in this ripoff report.  DONA SEARS has NO affiliation with my site.  I entered into a deal that went south with her.  If you wish to contact me you can email me directly through my website.

Kindly remove my website link in this ripoff report as it will damage my business.

Again, there is NO affiliation with my website and Dona Sears or her husband/family.

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Don't trust everything you read on the internet

AUTHOR: Author - (United States of America)

The original report was written by:

Bianca Lara

A Child's Garden of Thyme

710 Eucalyptus Street, Oceanside, CA 92054

(760) 722-8487

License: 376620470

Please check your facts before believing damaging internet posts.