Complaint Review: Doncaster Lending Group

• Submitted: Thu, April 07, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, May 07, 2011

• Reported By: investigator — Rutland Vermont United States of America
2329 Nostrand Avenue Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Doncaster Lending Group Tried to send money in return for a loan....called the landlord and the building was under construction Brooklyn, New York

*Consumer Comment: Doncaster Lending Group

*Consumer Comment: Doncaster Lending Group

*Consumer Suggestion: Concerned...

*Consumer Comment: not alone

*Consumer Comment: Concerned.

*Consumer Comment: If the FTC website isn't good enough for you...

*Consumer Comment: I am sorry I asked

*Consumer Comment: To "Concerned"

*Consumer Comment: doncaster lending

*Consumer Comment: Just Concerned before I could lose money

*Consumer Comment: Save some time and phone calls.

I was in desparate need of a loan and i got a call from Doncaster Lending Group.  They told me I had a Secure Loan of 10,000 all i had to do was send them the first 5 payments.   Very caucious i investigated every possible source.  I had the name and address.  I called New York City's consumer affairs and Better Business Bureau.  NO record.  Called the State of New York.  NO record.  Asked Andy Ross for more info about the company.  He Studdered.  Asked for any possible information to validate his company.  NOTHING.  RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!  I called the landlord of the building and he told me that NO ONE IS IN THE BUILDING.   Forget you Doncaster Lending Group.....Didn't Get Me.  BEWARE OF THEM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2011 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doncaster-Lending-Group/Brooklyn-New-York-11210/Doncaster-Lending-Group-Tried-to-send-money-in-return-for-a-loancalled-the-landlord-a-715066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doncaster Lending Group

Doncaster Lending Group

AUTHOR: katie p - (United States of America)

I have also discovered that their phones and website/emails are disconnected.

Doncaster Lending Group

AUTHOR: DC - (United States of America)

Has anyone noticed that their phone number and website seem to have been disabled!?

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Concerned...

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

It would be educational if we could read this "contract" and faxes.  Could you scan them (300 dpi or better) and post them?

I'm sure you realize by now that they are a scam.  It doesn't matter if the "contract" looks legit.  Just because a contract is put to paper doesn't make it legal or binding.

Remember, ANYONE who demands a prepayment as a condition of approving you for a consumer loan is A FRAUD-it's ILLEGAL in the U.S.

not alone

AUTHOR: angelwings - (United States of America)

The secure loan scamming is an ongoing issue, OP is definetly not the only person who's been scammed by these people: http://callercenter.com/877-897-4699.html , prying on the most vulnerable is a shame!

Concerned.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"I did not write a comment earlier to be made a fool of."

And I didn't write  my comment to make a fool of you.    It was apparent from your comment that you had either not read the information, or had not fully believed it.   The idea that you might still be considering sending your money away to these scammers prompted a response with a more harsh and blunt tone.    Sorry if you were offended.  Glad you still have your money.

If the FTC website isn't good enough for you...

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

How about paying attention to the New York State Department of Banking?

Advance fees for loan approval of consumer loans is ILLEGAL IN THE UNITED STATES.  What this means is that anyone who claims to be able to get you a consumer loan and requires the prepayment of collateral, insurance, X amount of monthly payments, or whatever else they choose to call i, is a CROOK- it is illegal!!!

This isn't a case of MAY be a crook-it is a case of IS A CROOK-it is illegal.

You want the truth?  Visit the FTC webpage posted in the other rebuttal and the one I posted.  If you still think the information only indicates it MAY be a scam, go ahead with this "loan" and post here to let us know how it works out for you.

BTW,  Doncaster Lending Group is not registered with the NYS Department of Banking or the NYS Department of State.  In other words, they are not licensed to offer credit in NYS.  If that isn't enough to convince you this IS A SCAM (not MAY BE a scam) then I don't know what else it would take to convince you (short of losing your money.)

Is this enough information (truth) for you?  If not, press on with them.

I am sorry I asked

AUTHOR: Concerned - (United States of America)

I did not write a comment earlier to be made a fool of.  Yes, I read your comment.  Yes, I am an educated individual that has come across some short comings.  It does not make me ignorant nor stupid.  I am trying to weigh all of the options and that is why I simply am trying to find the truth.  I have never been taken advantage like this from any company, so YES I am stunned.  As for deserving to be taken, I can't believe you would write such a comment.  I want the truth and that is all.  I am apalled by your remark, especially because you are supposed to be on my side, the consumer.  We need to stick together, not humiliate more.  I have come to realize that the Doncaster Lending group is not legitimate and I have file the necessary information to the necessary organizations.  It is my hope that Doncaster Lending along with any other company that attempts to take advantage of innocent people be prosecuted to the fullest.  As for your comment, I hope you are taken advantage of and then you can send me an apology for your ignorant statement.

To "Concerned"

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Did you read my post?   Did you visit the FTC link?    If you have done this and are still wondering whether or not this is a scam, then you probably deserve to get taken.

Usually the reports filed on this scam include declarations from the victims that everything "seemed legit".    There is nothing legit about a large prepayment in order to receive a loan.  There is also nothing legit about sending untraceable cash ( i.e. Western Union or Moneygram) to someone that you don't know personally.   That is the number one way that scammers separate people from their cash.  Legitimate businesses do not operate that way.

doncaster lending

AUTHOR: annoymous - (USA)

what u need to do it google the address of doncaster and it will bring up a number of the manager of the building and call the guy and he will tell u if that company is in that building.

Just Concerned before I could lose money

AUTHOR: Concerned - (United States of America)

I also was recently contacted by Don Caster Lending Group.  My question is to the person that wrote the first comment.  What is leading you to believe that this is a scam?  I am very concerned because I DO need the money, but I don't have 905.00 to lose either.  I feel that my representative has been honest thus far.  I have received faxes and numerous calls and I have contacted them numerous times, so I do have phone records.  The contract looks legal and believe me, I have read it over and over to look for some discrepency.  Also, I had my husband look over it as well.  I would like to see if someone could write whether they have, IN FACT, been scammed by this company.  What I am reading from you is that is COULD be a scam.  Do you know of anyone that HAS been scammed?  Or better yet, is there a site for any success stories from this company?

Save some time and phone calls.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

It is not legal to collect a "prepayment" or "insurance" or whatever bogus excuse they have for the large upfront payment.    Any prospective lender who asks you to do this is not legitimate.  They are scammers.    See the FTC webpage that covers this particular scam :

Additionally, it would be wise to limit your loan search to financial institutions that you know you can trust.    Filling out credit applications for unknown lenders will put your most critical personal information in the hands of crooks and scammers.   Even if you don't fall for the fake loan pitch, they can still sell your identity to some other crook.