Complaint Review: Donkey Motors

• Submitted: Fri, November 07, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, November 07, 2003

• Reported By:las vegas Nevada
Donkey Motors
1562 North Nellis Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Donkey Motors REFUSED TO GIVE ME THE DRS GREEN SLIP,FAILED TO ABIDE BY NEVADA DMV LAW LAS VEGAS Nevada

I needed a car so I went to Donkey Motors, Which i will never do again or recomend that anyone do go to them. Here is my story after I purchases the car i had to ask for a copy and the bill of sale to be given to me then they were a bit hesitant at that.

I put down cash on the used car I bought and was given 45 days to come up with a small balance so I said ok. Well that seemed ok untill I Realized that the dmv sticker that they put in window is only good 12r 30 days then you need to have your car registered.

Well here is the catch there is a paper called DRS or know as the green slip. That the dealer According to dmv and Nevada state law says the dealer has up to 20 day to furnish this to you. Donkey Motors refuses to give me the DRS slip so I can get my car registered.

They told me that I will get it when I pay the balance due. So lets do a little math, the car needs to be registered in the 30 days but the balance is due in 45. That mean i will have been forced to break the law and register my car late as well as incur late fees.

So I put all of this together and called nevada dmv and i was told they casn not hold the DRS green slip hostage for any reason, I was also instructed by dmv to conntact them and ask them for it. I did I called Donkey Motors and spoke to Tom which was told to me to be a manager.

I let him know of my concern and the law. He was rude to me on the phone and told me what they are doing is legal and refused to discuss the matter on the phone any further and then hung up on me. I was told by dmv if the Dealer was not going to provide me with the DRS green slip that i need t take action a file a complaint with dmv.

I filed a complaint with the Nevada dmv on 11-07-2003. I hope dmv solves this issue. Also dmv will not let you register you car with out it... What a catch 22 huh....

Chriss
las vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2003 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Donkey-Motors/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89156/Donkey-Motors-REFUSED-TO-GIVE-ME-THE-DRS-GREEN-SLIPFAILED-TO-ABIDE-BY-NEVADA-DMV-LAW-LAS-71338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Donkey Motors