mail

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: Diane — Lake Worth Florida United States of America
Donnaklan.com
1200 S. Brand Blvd. Ste 154 Glendale, California United States of America

Donnaklan.com DonnaKlan Donnaklan.com ripped me off of $98.00, plus shipping of 5.99. Glendale, California

*Consumer Comment: There's a block just below the order form that you have to check to order...

I received a pop-up while on line advertising jewelry at what appeared to be great prices.  I looked at it and found a Man's Metal Bracelet that I thought about buying for my husband as a Christmas gift.  The promotion indicated that all I would have to pay is $5.99 for shipping and handling.

This seemed to be a good deal and no indication was made of having to return it within a certain time period or face an automatic charge of $98.00 to my credit card.  Nor was there any indication that items would be automatically sent to me every month unless I cancelled within a 14 day period.

I ordered the bracelet, in good faith; however, it did not actually arrive until December 29, 2012.  The bracelet was a very poor quality, very much unlike the one that was pictured.  The clasp on it would not even stay closed and fell off his wrist, frequently, in the first few days.

On January 8, 2013, I contacted Donna Klan to find out the procedure to return the bracelet and they advised me it was past the 14 day period (they had already debited my card on January 3, 2013--exactly 14 days after they shipped it.  Keep in mind, I did not receive the item until December 29, 2012.  The ship date on the label showed December 18, 2012 and it took 11 days to arrive.  I did not have ample time to inspect the product, nor did my husband have an appropriate time to get a feeling of the quality.

After a phone call and two emails, they refuse to grant me a refund nor correct the problem.  Their "Terms and Conditions" are not spelled out, indicated by their sales staff, prior to the purchase.  I find this practice to be deceptive and am stating that everyone needs to stay away from these people and never purchase anything from them--no matter how great a deal it appears.  Deceptiveness and ripping off people seems to be their specialty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Donnaklancom/Glendale-California-91204/Donnaklancom-DonnaKlan-Donnaklancom-ripped-me-off-of-9800-plus-shipping-of-599-Glen-999801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Donnaklan.com

There's a block just below the order form that you have to check to order...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

It Says;  "I agree to the Terms and Conditions"  It's a link to the following...

Donnaklan Jewelry Terms:

The trial offer is designed to display the quality and effectiveness of Donnaklan Jewelry. This gives you the opportunity to try this  remarkable program for only $5.99 USD shipping and handling so you can come to a decision for yourself if this is the right product for you.

When you place your order today with www.Donnaklan.com, you will receive a Jewelry from our collection to try for 14 days.  Please note, the 14 day trial period includes shipping and transit time. If you order the product today,

January 19, you will need to cancel by

February 2  to avoid being charged. Your credit card will be billed $5.99 USD for the shipping of your 14 day trial shipment.  If you are satisfied with the Donnaklan Jewelry you need do nothing else.  Upon the expiration of the trial period, your credit card will be billed the retail price of $98 USD for the full cost of the  Jewelry, and you will be enrolled in a 30-day autoship program. Every 30 days after that, you will be shipped another timepiece from our Jewelry collection and billed the retail price of $49 USD. If you decide not to participate in the 30 day auto-ship program after the 14 day trial,  simply contact us by phone or email to cancel or obtain an rma number. If you have placed an order and will be out of town when the product is shipped you will need to contact our Customer Support Department.  This should be done prior to the expiration of your 14 day trial period.

PLEASE NOTE: Upon cancellation of your trial product a cancellation notification will be emailed immediately after the cancellation is created and will  include a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. If you do not receive this email or RMA number, please contact our support staff.  There's no obligation, you can cancel your trial membership by using one of the following methods:

1 - Calling our support department at (866) 595-6915, available Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm PST.

2 - Emailing our support department at support@Donnaklan.com

.  Please allow 3 business days to receive confirmation of your cancellation from our email department.  When emailing us, please include your full name and address, as well as the name of the product that you ordered.

Please note:  All cancellations receive a cancellation  confirmation email that is sent to the email address that you provided to us upon ordering your trial package.  If you do not receive a cancellation confirmation email when cancelling your trial, please contact our support department to confirm that your trial is cancelled.

The 14 day trial period includes shipping and transit time.  Customers usually receive their product within 3-5 business days of ordering.  If you want to extend your  trial period due to slow postal delivery or delayed pickup, you must contact our support department.

YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS CONSUMER TRANSACTION WILL HOLD YOU LIABLE FOR PAYMENT OF PRODUCT THAT WAS SHIPPED  TO YOU, IF YOU FAIL TO NOTIFY US WITHIN THE 14 DAY GRACE PERIOD.

Guess you somehow missed this. You HAD to check the block agreeing to the terms to place the order.