Complaint Review: Doostang

• Submitted: Mon, November 26, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 26, 2012

• Reported By: AMH — New York New York United States of America
129 West 29th street, 500s New York NY New York, New York United States of America

Doostang Kevin Unauthorized Charges, Unresponsive Customer Support New York, New York

I'm very disappointed in  Doostang's business practices. I signed up for 1 month membership, and each month end I'd reassess the need for Doostang's service based on my job search. I agreed to pay 39.99 for that month and the sign up page didn't mention auto renewal. If i wanted access for more than a month,  I would have signed up for the 3 month package for example instead of getting billed for 3 months @ the 39.99 rate.

The last application I sent was March, because I believed my membership ended otherwise I would have been sending out applications ( since I was unknowingly paying for it). To knowingly charge my account for services I didn't use masked behind a 'cancellation policy' is ethically questionable and fraudulent. Upon further research I see Doostang has a pattern of this fraudulent behavior and shady billing practices listed on this website, and others. Plenty of Google search results will return with Doostang and scam in the title.

There is no phone number for customer support just an email address. I wrote and waited...finally Kevin wrote back and claimed there was nothing he could do b/c of a 'cancellation' policy buried within their website. An auto renew feature should be clearly labeled when entering your CC info, not after the fact! I asked to speak with somebody on the phone, he quickly responded asking for my number, and I haven't heard back...

I've alerted American Express claims dept about this fraudulent behavior, and forwarded them many reviews/websites which highlight a pattern of unauthorized charges and ethically questionable behavior.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2012 06:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doostang/New-York-New-York-/Doostang-Kevin-Unauthorized-Charges-Unresponsive-Customer-Support-New-York-New-York-973646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doostang