Complaint Review: Doro Motors - Gasrides - Ben Vaughn

• Submitted: Wed, August 31, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, January 02, 2010

• Reported By:Altamonte Springs Florida
Doro Motors - Gasrides - Ben Vaughn
378 North Perkins Road Memphis, Tennessee U.S.A.

Doro Motors - Gasrides 0 Ben Vaughn Fraud, Scam Artist, Liar, Thief, Criminal, Crook, Con Man Stole from Us RIPOFF Memphis Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: ben vaughn -con man chef in memphis tn

*Consumer Comment: The same ben vaughn

*Consumer Comment: Ben Vaughn will be caught again

We reported our losses back in August of 2004 to the Memphis Police Department. Ben Vaughn was at www.myjampacked.com at the time and he represented himself as a supplier. We sustained over $100,000 in losses due to wiring money and never receiving the products.

We heard every lie that you can imagine from the freight company lost the 70 units and they are sitting in hubs somewhere to getting faxed 70 BOL tracking information that were all fake. We tried to warn people, we tried to post and get people to stay away and looking at all of this makes us ill. We filed with the Police, the Internet Fraud Complaint Center, and the FBI.

I called everyday until I was on first name basis with the officers, FBI, and the Tennessee Prosecutors and finally Ben Vaughn was arrested for theft over $60,000, which was back in August 27th, 2004. The records are available online to view if you search under Shelby County Tennesse. He spent a total of 8 hours or so in jail. He was released and the next day he was advertising on his website buy one get one free. Offering buy one and get one free on products he did not have and never would have.

I called the police and told them and they said that they had to wait and get evidence and that just because he stole from us and others didn't mean that he wasn't trying to be an honest businessman. As the months proceeded his attorney's called us and tried to settle and finally when we did work out a settlement (less half of what we were owed at the time)we were supposed to be wired the funds and that day went and passed and here we are; we have never been paid back.

What was sad was that we knew that the only way we were getting paid back is if he stole enough from other people. The state dropped their case against him a few months ago because they said that he showed that he was making restitution. I have called the prosecutors office to confront them about this, they were fully aware of what he had done, and I have yet to receive a phone call.

Let's get some facts straight for those of you who don't know much about him.
1. He works out of his in-laws home (378 Perkins is his home address not a warehouse)
2. He has previously been arrested for DUI and assault.
3. He does not have a warehouse and never has, he is solely a drop shipper.
4. If you paid by wire instead of credit cards, its because he had all of his merchant services revoked for theft, ie; he has been black listed from ever accepting credit cards again.
5. His wife is listed as Vice President and has written over $10,000 in bad checks.
6. He has not filed bankruptcy as of yet
7. He has been through 3 lawyers and I am sure more as he continues to lie to them and us.

I want to let others out there know that we tried as hard as we could to stop him, the police and the state of Tennessee allowed him to continue ripping people off. They said that they had to give him a chance to prove that he would steal again, and there you go, the 17 new complaints are the proof that they needed to prove that he was a con artist and a thief. If there are some people out there that still believe his lies and think you are going to get your product or your money back, I am sorry to tell you that you never will. Don't beat yourself up about it, because he is good at what he does best and that is lie, defraud and cheat honest people out of their hard earned money.

Please make sure that you file your reports with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center, those get forwarded directly to the FBI. Don't waste your time with the Memphis PD cause it's exactly that, a waste. If you call they will forward you to the FBI agent handling the case. But above all , we have to try and continue to warn people about him and his practices. He may file bankruptcy and start up with a company that is already in place.

I have my suspicions as there is always one company name that seems to come up with his. We have to stay proactive and not let him relax and keep pressure on the FBI and the State of Tennessee to not let his criminal actions go unpunished. We would be more than happy to discuss this with anyone that has been taken by Ben Vaughn. You can contact us by using the rebuttal box below.

Here is to the hope that we all may meet in a Tennessee courtroom to see Mr. Vaughn escorted away in handcuffs and his little orange jumpsuit with his children and wife watching as he gets taken away to rot in prison for the next 10 years.

Altamonte Springs, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2005 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doro-Motors-Gasrides-Ben-Vaughn/Memphis-Tennessee/Doro-Motors-Gasrides-0-Ben-Vaughn-Fraud-Scam-Artist-Liar-Thief-Criminal-Crook-Con-155636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doro Motors - Gasrides - Ben Vaughn

ben vaughn -con man chef in memphis tn

AUTHOR: trust - (United States of America)

Yes,  now he claims to be a chef in memphis, tn at a place called grace in a section called Cooper-Young. He is the owner from all the money he stole from us!!

grace is a disgrace.

The same ben vaughn

AUTHOR: Amantiado - (U.S.A.)

Is this the same ben vaughn who now claims to be a chef in Memphis--originally from Florida?

Ben Vaughn will be caught again

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

First of all, how could so many people (myself included) fall for this web scam? Too much trust!Restitution? Yeah right. A $25 money order sent to my home address along with a badly written letter that claims he's filing bankruptcy and he'll pay me what he can when he can. I didn't believe it for a minute! To date, I'm still out $1075 for an ATV unit I never received. In fact, I've not purchased one yet.

How can I disagree that this guy needs to pay for what he has done? I am willing to do whatever it takes. I HAVE been contacted by an FBI agent already and things are moving forward. I would again encourage everyone that got ripped off to contact the Internet Fraud Complaint Center.

Some day, somewhere,..eventually, Mr. Vaughn's time (and his "business" partner's) will come.