Complaint Review: Dorschel KIA, Rochester, NY

• Submitted: Sun, March 30, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 30, 2008

• Reported By:Victor New York
Dorschel KIA, Rochester, NY
4152 W. Henrietta Rd. Rochester, New York U.S.A.

Dorschel KIA, Rochester, NY Refuses to honor warranty, damages vehicle, loses parts Rochester New York

I bought a KIA Sorento from Dorschel KIA in 2005. We were thrilled to buy a vehicle with its features and 10Y/100K warranty. I purchased an additional warranty as well.

Then the engine blew last May at 35K miles.

Dealership declined to diagnose the problem for several weeks. They said that it would not be covered under warranty unless I could prove I had the oil changed. A KIA rep came and had some parts pulled to look inside and confirmed that KIA N.A. would not honor the warranty. Oh well - got me! I can't afford the time without a vehicle. I don't have receipts. I was quoted offhand about 10-12K to fix the engine.

When I had the vehicle towed out of the dealership the parts were all over the inside of the engine compartment and cowling, in the footwell under some papers, and in the back.
The battery was dead and the door had been black-jacked even though I had left a key, which was in the ignition. Door trim was scratched and the gasket sliced through.

It cost me about $8000 to replace the engine. Along the way we found that Dorschel repair shop had broken off the radiator hose fitting and hid the hose and the fitting in the passenger footwell. Many of the bolts were missing.

While pulling parts from the core my mechanic found a throttle plate lodged in one of the cylinders. Also noted that the PCV system design had been changed in the newer engine I had purchased to replace the one that blew. Could that change have impacted the sludge problem blamed for the turned rod bearing (which was never found)? Or was the plate the cause of the problem? We will never know.

I have been too upset by this situation to sit down and write this for months. We tried to negotiate, trade in and buying something else, but we were never able to get anywhere. We were not treated fairly and this experience has left a lasting impression.

David
Victor, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2008 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dorschel-KIA-Rochester-NY/Rochester-New-York-14543/Dorschel-KIA-Rochester-NY-Refuses-to-honor-warranty-damages-vehicle-loses-parts-Roches-322369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dorschel KIA, Rochester, NY