Complaint Review: Dot & Bo

• Updated: Mon, June 23, 2014

• Reported By: Olivia Phoenix — Los Angeles California
Dot & Bo
Internet USA

Dot & Bo DotandBoDot and Bo severe discrepancy between the shipping time provided for purchased products upon order confirmation and the actual arrival date Internet

*Author of original report: Apology accepted; refund given

*UPDATE Employee: Our apologies

If you Google "Dot & Bo reviews," you will see Houzz and Etsy forums of reviewers complaining about the strange and rather unethical practices of Dot & Bo the company. I had not done my research prior to purchasing items in early May that I still haven't received (it is now June 23rd), and they refuse to offer me a refund or store credit. I must wait for the items although no exact shipping date nor tracking number for any of my items was offered to me.

My card was charged in full for the 5 items I purchased on Dot & Bo's website on May 11, 2014. It is now June 23, 2014 and the items are well past due their arrival times (these times were were stated in the order confirmation the day I purchased the items on their online website). My card was charged in full at the time of purchase. For instance, I ordered a clock for $39.99 that was due 3-4 weeks from May 11; a FULL six weeks after May 11 is June 8. Today is June 23rd, and they still haven't provided me with a shipping confirmation or a tracking number. Dot & Bo informed me it may arrive in mid-July (mid-July? That's TEN WEEKS after I ordered the item, and it's a small clock for my nightstand. And that would be 6 weeks after their stated ship time in the order confirmation e-mail). I'm not sure why this is acceptable to them without the offer of a refund. Who wants to wait 10 weeks for a tiny nightstand clock? I also purchased a framed print for $59.99, and the shipping time stated on the order confirmation e-mail was 4-6 weeks from May 11. A FULL six weeks after May 11 would be June 22.

Today is June 23rd and I still not only haven't received the item, but was not even supplied an approximate shipping date. Will it come in latter July? In August? It is quite unfair and strange to expect me to wait for these items well AFTER the ship time period stated on the order confirmation, when my card was charged card in full at time of purchase. Most, if not all, home decor companies like this (ie. Joss & Main, One Kings Lane, Kohl's) only charge AFTER each items has shipped. I kindly asked Dot & Bo for a refund of the non-shipped items that were well past their dude date of arrival, and was told that the items "cant be canceled." When I explained that I'd needed the items back in May/June when I was having a housewarming party, no apology on their part was provided. Very strange, indeed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2014 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dot-Bo/internet/Dot-Bo-DotandBoDot-and-Bo-severe-discrepancy-between-the-shipping-time-provided-for-pur-1156820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dot & Bo

Apology accepted; refund given

AUTHOR: Olivia Phoenix - ()

Dot & Bo graciously handled the matter and gave me my due refund for the items mentioned above.

Our apologies

AUTHOR: Service Team - ()

Dear valued customer,

We wanted to reach out and apologize for the longer than average shipping times you've experienced.  At Dot & Bo, we strive to deliver the best possible home design shopping experience to our customers.  With the recent growth that we are experiencing, we fell short on this commitment.  We are sincerely sorry for any frustration this has caused.

Please know that everyone at Dot & Bo is working diligently to improve the experience.  The good news is that we are investing in new systems and expanding our capabilities and are confident that we will improve our operations in the coming weeks and months.

If your issue has not yet been resolved, we're here to help. Please email us at service@dotandbo.com anytime and we'd be happy to help you out.

Again, our sincere apologies - and we thank you for letting us know your feedback!