Complaint Review: Double Day Book Club

• Submitted: Wed, June 15, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, June 15, 2011

• Reported By: Shelbi — Shaftsbury Vermont U.S.A.
Double Day Book Club

Double Day Book Club Dfield, DO NOT USE as appears on caller ID Dfield , Internet

This caller Dfield keeps calling me and hanging up when ever I answered. Finally after about 4 weeks of hang ups, my husband answered and a very rude woman annouced "this is Double Day Book Club we're calling because you signed up for our book club. We need to inform you have books that you ordered and did not pay for yet." Before my husband even had a chance to tell her she had the wrong person she immediately went on to tell him as my husband he can order on my account even if he didn't have my cc # and in that fact that anyone who knows me could use my account to order books. Umm, hello, I don't have a cc and I sure as hell did not sign up for an internet book club. He informed the extremely rude woman that we wanted to be placed on their do not call list and that any bills that they send for books we DID NOT order will be turned over to our lawyer. They called yet again from NH when the company is out of Illinois under the caller id DO NOT USE. They called again today telling me I have $185 worth of books being shipped today and that I would be responsible for payment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2011 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Double-Day-Book-Club/internet/Double-Day-Book-Club-Dfield-DO-NOT-USE-as-appears-on-caller-ID-Dfield-Internet-741121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Double Day Book Club