Complaint Review: Double S Companies

• Submitted: Thu, February 09, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, February 09, 2006

• Reported By:Middletown Delaware
Double S Companies
1919 Red Lion Road Bear, Delaware U.S.A.

Double S Companies Fraud Dishonest Poor Workmanship Poor Quality Liars Thiefs Crooks Bear Delaware

The new home I purchased back in October 2005 is in desperate need of repair. It's been almost four months since I first took possession of the house and notified Double S Companies of the problems. I am going out of my mind walking around and looking at such poor quality. This house should have never been delivered in such poor condition.

Do not buy a house from Double S Companies!

To make matters worse, I have to continually contact the Double S Companies to schedule repairs. Most of the time I need to contact the sub contractors directly because Double S refuses to follow through as promised. You'd think they take upon themselves to come out in fix their mess. After all, they didn't hesitate taking my money. When Double S does show up to start fixing something, the project is never completed.

Do not buy a house from Double S Companies!

Some of the more serious problems include: faulty plumbing, floors that are not level (therefore toilets that aren't level), damaged hardwood floors, defective carpeting and sub-flooring, defective staircases, damaged granite counter tops and walls and windows that are not straight.

Do not buy a house from Double S Companies!

For example, I paid roughly $25,000.00 for hardwood floors throughout my house. Double S Companies let their sub contractors destroy my floors by not keeping them covered during construction. I am still waiting for them to be replaced. And then they have the nerve to tell me that they won't move any of the furniture to make the repairs! Insanity!

Do not buy a house from Double S Companies!

Another example of why not to deal with Double S Companies: I paid $10,000.00 for a granite counter top. I paid Double S direct but they use a sub contractor. The counter top was installed damaged/cracked in 3 places. The sub contractor wants to repair "as good as new". I said "I want new, not good as new". You think Double S would help me resolve this situation. No, I have to chase down the sub contractor myself!

Do not buy a house from Double S Companies!

I am still waiting for a $275.00 reimbursement check owed me for almost 2 months now for appliances that they either never delivered or delivered damaged. This after the warranty person told me "the check would go out immediately". I have even gone as far as to ask Double S Companies for my money back.

Do not buy a house from Double S Companies!

Double S Companies has completely and utterly ruined any joy that should come with owning a new home. I would not wish this nightmare on anyone.

Scott
Middletown, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2006 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Double-S-Companies/Bear-Delaware-19709/Double-S-Companies-Fraud-Dishonest-Poor-Workmanship-Poor-Quality-Liars-Thiefs-Crooks-Bear-175562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Double S Companies