Complaint Review: DoubleDay Book Club

• Updated: Tue, March 09, 2004

• Reported By:Harrisville Rhode Island
DoubleDay Book Club
www.doubledaybookclub.com Nationwide U.S.A.

DoubleDay Book Club ripoff, poor customer service, doesn't let you fulfill obligations Internet

I ordered the books for 99 cents... I received them and paid the bill for the introductory offer, they never sent me anything else including brochures, etc to be able to fulfill my obligation. I began receiving collection notices in the mail with no return telephone number.

I researched my doubleday introductory material and, again, no telephone number. I wrote to the collection agency twice and emailed the contact info on Doubledaybookclub.com and received not ONE response. Finally I researched the web to find a single telephone number published by yet another angry consumer...

When I called them they said I was billed for not fulfilling my obligation. I stated I did not have THAT luxury and if they send me a brochure I will fulfill my obligation with my next order. They said no and I would have to pay them 70.00 (an average of $17.50 per book) and they would send me a voucher when they receive it. (PREPAYMENT).. This is on my credit report now and I will never do business with them again. I advise everyone else the same.

Harrisville, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2004 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DoubleDay-Book-Club/nationwide/DoubleDay-Book-Club-ripoff-poor-customer-service-doesnt-let-you-fulfill-obligations-Int-83306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DoubleDay Book Club