Complaint Review: Doubleday Book Club - doubledaybookclub.com

• Updated: Wed, September 02, 2009

• Reported By: Michelle — Vancouver Washington USA
Doubleday Book Club - doubledaybookclub.com
www.doubledaybookclub.com Internet United States of America

Doubleday Book Club - doubledaybookclub.com Literary Guild Book Club, Random House Misleading Commitment advertistments on initial enrollments Internet

I have recently enrolled in DoubleDay book club and Literary Guild bookclub.  Upon enrollment they give you the option online to order your first book to apply towards fullfilling your committment so that you will have one less to order in the years.  I did so with both clubs and both clubs show that I still have three books to order.  I have emailed customer service telling them that I have already ordered one book and should only show TWO left on my committment.  I have no problem following their guidelines but when I am under the impression that the extra book that I ordered at their full price is to go towards the fullfillment and come to find out that it is not is 100% misleading and false advertisement.  It's their way to get you to buy a book right then and there, then just come around and buy three more still.  When I emailed DoubleDay their response was that they are really backed (oh, because all the books I ordered were on backorder) and that I would need to contact them again once my order ships.  Can't they just look up my order and see that I purchased an extra book?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2009 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doubleday-Book-Club-doubledaybookclubcom/internet/Doubleday-Book-Club-doubledaybookclubcom-Literary-Guild-Book-Club-Random-House-Mislead-489010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doubleday Book Club - doubledaybookclub.com