Complaint Review: Doubleday Book Club

• Submitted: Wed, November 19, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, November 19, 2003

• Reported By:Pensacola Florida
Doubleday Book Club
customerservice@doubledaybookclub.com Camp Hill, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Doubleday Book Club ripoff Camp Hill Pennsylvania

I completed my obligation to Doubleday plus two.which they said I needed. A customer rep advised me that I had aready fulfilled my order of four books, so I sent the two back per her suggestion and paid via phone and Master Card the $18.00 and change for the book and s/h.which she stated. Wanted to pay the whole amount and be charged to avoid exactly what happened.Now I have a bill for $46.94 Including a late fee.Just found out yesterday that I was never charged on my Master Card for the book that I kept. I have the postal receipt that said I mailed it.

Called UPS and they delivered six days after I mailed it. I have sent them a total of five emails. No phone number to call them back and talk to someone live. Keep telling them that that HAVE already received the books. This is a good topic for one of the magazine shows!!!! What a RIPOFF.

Meredith
Pensacola, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2003 05:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doubleday-Book-Club/Camp-Hill-Pennsylvania-17012-6325/Doubleday-Book-Club-ripoff-Camp-Hill-Pennsylvania-72409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doubleday Book Club