Complaint Review: Doubleday Book Club

• Submitted: Mon, April 21, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, April 21, 2008

• Reported By:Wilmington North Carolina
Doubleday Book Club
www.doubledaybookclub.com Camp Hill, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Doubleday Book Club Canceled my account October 07 and 2 days ago received a noticed about a book I ordered this month!! Camp Hill Pennsylvania

I canceled my book club membership October 2007 on the phone and via email. 2 days ago received a letter that a book I ordered this past week was backordered (shat book???).

I decided to try and log onto my canceled account and there was a balance for a book shipped to me. Spoke to 2 phone reps who told me my account was not canceled but changed to the Freedom membership (news to me) told me a supervisor would call me back (of course I know this would not happen)

Barbara id 422 & Elaine id 110 were the phone reps I spoke with.

By the way the book they have shipped I tried to order before I canceled last October 07 but was told it was available then told it was not so decided to just end the membership because they were too inconsistant and guaranteed that order was canceled as was my membership.

After reading your message board. I see I'm not the only one.

Linda
Wilmington, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2008 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doubleday-Book-Club/Camp-Hill-Pennsylvania-17012/Doubleday-Book-Club-Canceled-my-account-October-07-and-2-days-ago-received-a-noticed-about-327653. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doubleday Book Club