• Report: #196377

• Submitted: Wed, June 14, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, June 14, 2006

• Reported By:Clearfield Kentucky
Doubleday Book Club
Po Box 6400 Camp Hill, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Doubleday Book Club ripoff Camp Hill Pennsylvania

I recently joined the Double Day Book Club and believe that it is a ripoff. When I ordered my first set of books I was not asked to register with a user name and password. When I recieved my books I did not get a reply card with them. Therefore, I did not have my account number because apparently the reply card is the only place you can find it.

Now I have tried to get back on the website and it tells me that they do not recognize me as a member.
I have called customer service to try to get my account number. They sent me to a website that doesn't even exist...webmaster@doubledaybookclub.com. They said that this site could help me. I went back to the help center and sent them a message to send me my account number or cancel my membership...and guess what I can't cancel.
When you order your first set of books you are supposed to get 5 books for 99 cents and a 6th book for free. When it comes down to it you have to actually order 7 books which costs me almost $22.00. I advise everyone to reconsider before becoming a member of this club.

Jessica
Clearfield, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2006 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doubleday-Book-Club/Camp-Hill-Pennsylvania-17012/Doubleday-Book-Club-ripoff-Camp-Hill-Pennsylvania-196377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doubleday Book Club