Complaint Review: Doubleday Book Club

• Submitted: Sat, February 25, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, February 25, 2006

• Reported By:Durand Michigan
Doubleday Book Club
doubledaybookclub.com Camp Hill, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Doubleday Book Club ripoff, turned me over to collection for bill paid 4 mo. ago! Camp Hill Pennsylvania

Last summer, we joined Doubleday (we call them 'doublePay") last summer. paid the bill for the initial shipping, but continued to get bills. After contacting them several times, thru email, regular mail, and on the phone, and sending them copies of the check carbon, our bank statements, and copies of the cancelled check, they have turned us over to collection.

I will be taking action against this company ! I'm lucky, I have almost all the documents, bank records, emails, and phone notes from the beginning.

Somewhere along the line, we noticed a couple things on our bills. First, the account number changed. I'm not sure when, but I think it was right after the first bill. Second, about a month after the first bill, there was a "price adjustment" made, crediting our account $1.99.

Since we not only paid, but apparently OVERPAID, I will not rest until I recieve a check refunding MY $1.99 !!

Martin
Durand, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2006 05:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doubleday-Book-Club/Camp-Hill-Pennsylvania/Doubleday-Book-Club-ripoff-turned-me-over-to-collection-for-bill-paid-4-mo-ago-Camp-Hil-178039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doubleday Book Club