Complaint Review: Doubleday Book Club

• Submitted: Mon, September 19, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, November 08, 2005

• Reported By:East Bethel Minnesota
Doubleday Book Club
505 Ridge Ave. Hanover, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Doubleday Book Club ripoff with duplicate billing, shipping, adjustments for unknown reasons Hanover Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: STILL WAITING FOR RESPONSE 11-7-05

I have also been ripped off by Doubleday. I have been a long time member. Until the last couple of years I was completely happy with the company. But now they say I owe them money and I disagree. Upon complaining they sent me an itemized statement and expected me to find their errors. And did I!!!

I found over $350 in unexplained charges and duplicate billing. They state I owe them about $250. So my math says they owe me a credit. I sent a detailed email tonight and wonder if I will even get a response. I don't plan to send them payments until I know exactly what I was charged for and credits issued.

The person who said to watch your billing was right on the mark.

Watch them really close. They do not like to send return postage labels even when they are in error. I print copies of every order and response from them, and keep an eye on everything. There's nothing like being billed twice for a book you ordered and never recieved even after a year.

Susan
East Bethel, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2005 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doubleday-Book-Club/Hanover-Pennsylvania-17332/Doubleday-Book-Club-ripoff-with-duplicate-billing-shipping-adjustments-for-unknown-reaso-157648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doubleday Book Club

STILL WAITING FOR RESPONSE 11-7-05

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

I HAVE BEEN SENDING EMAILS FOR 3 MONTHS NOW AND STILL HAVEN'T HEARD A WORD FROM THEM. BUT-------YESTERDAY I DID RECEIVE A LETTER FROM A COLLECTION AGENCY. I AM FAXING THEM ALL MY EMAILS TO PROVE DOUBLEDAY OWES ME MONEY. I HAVE ALSO ASKED DOUBLEDAY TO PAY ME MY REGULAR SALARY OF $18.00/HR FOR THE (OVER) 30 HOURS I SPENT ANALYZING THEIR STATEMENTS. I COULD DO THIS IN 30 PLUS HOURS, I GUESS BABETTE WILLIAMS NEEDS MORE THAN TWO MONTHS TO ACCOMPLISH IT. I'D BE FIRED WITHIN A WEEK IF MY RESPONSES WERE THAT SLOW.