• Report: #219047

• Submitted: Sat, November 04, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, November 04, 2006

• Reported By:Scottsdale Arizona
Doubleday Book Club
Po Box 6400, Camp Hill, PA 17012-6400 Hanover, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Doubleday Book Club Double Day Book scam, Help Please! Hanover Pennsylvania

I joined Double Day Book Club because they offered 2 free books plus shipping. They sent me an invoice to pay the shipping. I paid that and found out that I had to buy 2 books for a commitment.

I purchased two books to complete my commitment. After that I e-mail Doubleday Book Club to cancel my membership. I sent them 4 emails requesting that they cancel my membership.

The only e-mails I got from them was advertising there books and special offers, there was no response to my request. I than tried calling the two numbers they have on the invoice and website. I tried calling 8 or 9 times each phone number, they were both disconnected.

To make matters worse after I completed my commitment purchases and was ready to cancel my membership, the next day on October 31 2006, Doubleday Book Club placed three orders all in one day totaling to $158.85.

I sent them more e-mails saying that I will return these books and I want them to cancel my membership.

I need help because I did not order these three books, and I want to cancel my order. I am afraid they will never cancel my membership and they will keep placing orders in my name and charging me hundreds of dollars.

Elijah
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2006 12:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doubleday-Book-Club/Hanover-Pennsylvania/Doubleday-Book-Club-Double-Day-Book-scam-Help-Please-Hanover-Pennsylvania-219047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doubleday Book Club