Complaint Review: Doubleday Book Club

• Submitted: Wed, February 20, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2002

• Reported By:Duncannon pa
Doubleday Book Club
6550 East 30th Street Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

Doubleday Book Club/RIP-OFF

I signed up for the Book Club to get 10 books for the price of 1. The deal was get 10 books for the price of 1 as long as you order 4 books at regular price within 2 years. I ordered my 10 books and paid shipping and handling wich was a fortune to send 31 miles. About $5 per book. So On the next catolog, I ordered my 4 books to get it done and over with. I got the bill and paid it, plus the shipping and handling. I sent a cancelation notice to them after this. They responded that I still had 2 books to order. After aguing back and forth for 3 months, I orderd 2 more books and paid for them, plus shipping and handling.

I then sent another canclation notice. After that, I was sent another letter telling me I couldn't cance yet, that I didnt purchase the required books. I argued again only to loose. They said the 2 books I ordered was a set, that it doesn't count. I ordered yet another book. I paid for it and the shipping and handling, and sent another cancle notice.

After 2 months I received a book in the mail that I did not order, I sent it back "rts". I now got a bill for the shipping and handling of that book, which I did not order or want and cancled before this. I still have the bill for $4.23. I feel I should not have to pay for this, but I will have to im sure. They give you no phone number to call, and the email that I send to them is never responded to. So to save your time and money, just go buy what you want. After almost $300 im still trying to get out of this situation.

Rene
Duncannon, Pennnsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doubleday-Book-Club/Indianapolis-Indiana-46206/Doubleday-Book-ClubRIP-OFF-14624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doubleday Book Club