Complaint Review: Doubleday Book Club

• Updated: Sat, June 20, 2009

• Reported By:Sacramento California
Doubleday Book Club
Nationwide U.S.A.

Doubleday Book Club Customer Service is zero. They don't listen. It takes 10 emails to resolve 1 problem? Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: I know where the emails go..............

I am a book club member. Doubleday recently sent a defective book (pages weren't cut at the edges, so they were stuck together). It took at least 10 or more emails to resolve this issue, in the meantime they sent me another book I did not order thinking that was part of the problem ?? hello ?? and charged me for it.

So here we go again, at least another 10 emails to say "I didn't order this book. I bought it on a previous order, have it at home and paid for it, so whoever sent it again is really messed up and I will send the book back as return to sender as soon as I get it". So then, more emails to fix the charges on my acct which should have been zero.

In the meantime, you have a commitment to buy 4 books when you join. When this mess started I still owed 2 commitments because I'd bought and paid for 2 books on order #__ and paid $37 plus dollars for them. I had a commitment to buy 4 books. So I should have 2 commitments left, however your website says I owe 3. Please fix it. Do the math. 4 minus 2 = 2 not 3 and you know they can't even get that?

Anyway, I had at one point asked for a manager to call me. No can do. You are stuck with these inept so called customer service people who have no reasoning whatsoever, and rather than resolve issues, they complicate them. I work in customer service. You don't get any at Doubleday.

Bex
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2007 06:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doubleday-Book-Club/nationwide/Doubleday-Book-Club-Customer-Service-is-zero-They-dont-listen-It-takes-10-emails-to-r-281522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doubleday Book Club

I know where the emails go..............

AUTHOR: Bkyworm82 - (U.S.A.)

When you send an email to this company they actually go to India. (Yes the country). They are not responded to by sending out a pre-printed or written response which is very generalized and not very personal. The best advice when sending emails is not to. Just give them a call 717-918-2665...customer service can usually help you out.