Complaint Review: Doubleday Book Club

• Updated: Fri, September 19, 2008

• Reported By:San Clemente California
Doubleday Book Club
Www.doubledaybookclub.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Doubleday Book Club charged me for books I didnt order and sent my bill to collection Indianapolis Nationwide

Someone fraudulently registered me online to receive Doubleday books. When I notified the company, as I had received email verification from them, they told me to disregard the bill and to keep whatever I would receive, which turned out to be 2 shipments of material not to my liking. Over 4 months, I received several bills for these shipments and email was sent back and forth regarding them with Doubleday stating "I should disregard the bills". The latest bill, which I received today, was sent by a collection company. I'm so disappointed and frustrated by this action having been taken when they said over and over that it was no problem and they would take care of their end and cancel everything. Luckily Ive kept the email correspondence. They never responded to my mail via post and over the phone they were unhelpful.

San Clemente, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2008 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doubleday-Book-Club/nationwide/Doubleday-Book-Club-charged-me-for-books-I-didnt-order-and-sent-my-bill-to-collection-Indi-374517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doubleday Book Club