Complaint Review: Doug herbert

Doug herbert
North carolina North carolina, North Carolina USA

Doug herbert Worst company ive ever dealt with North carolina North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Mr. Greg Curry is incorrect on a few things

To make it extremley clear, Doug herbert is the worst company ive ever had to deal with! A few months ago i purchased what was suppose to be a 393 stroker crank for a 351w,i received the crank and it appeared to be what they advertised,about a month later i took the crank out the box to take it to the machine shop to get the assembly balanced ,as i looked at it the rod journals looked kind of small so i took one of my rods to see how it fit on the crank well thats when i found out the crank they sent was not for a 351w but a 351c. I immediately called and Told them the crank they advertised for a 351w is incorrect. I got my invoice with the part numbers and the sales rep agreed that it was the wrong crank.he told me to send it back with copies of the invoice and they would take care of it,that was a month ago,i call and they claim they working on it,weeks go by i doent here nothing from them,i call again and the sales guy that i originally spoke with name (chris) says he has nothing to do with it anymore (with a atitude). So i spoke with bruce after being put on hold for 25minutes,he claims they ordered the correct crank and they waiting for it to come in.If i doent receive the correct crank by the end of this week im going to take further actions.Ive dealt with a lot of companies in my life time and doug herbert is the worst his customer service is a joke and i let other car guys who i talk to know.do not order from doug herbert!No integrity,dishonest,doent correct their mistakes,to whoever reads this buy from summit,jegs,cnc and just about everybody else except doug herbert. i wonder if this guy knows his business is being run into the ground.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2013 08:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doug-herbert/North-carolina-North-Carolina/Doug-herbert-Worst-company-ive-ever-dealt-with-North-carolina-North-Carolina-1050719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doug herbert

Mr. Greg Curry is incorrect on a few things

AUTHOR: Bruce Banker - ()

We at Doug Herbert Performance make every effort to make things correct and right, for all of our valued customers. Now here is the truth. Mr Greg Curry purchased a crankshaft we had listed on E-bay for a Ford 351 Windsor. We were selling the crank below cost, a $9.99 packing and handling charge with free freight to him. The sale was on 02-12-13 and we received the crankshaft back from the customer on 04-17-13 and found that the crank we sold him was misboxed from the manufacturer. We ordered Mr. Curry a new crank to find out it was backordered. I talked to Mr. Curry several times as he wanted a crankshaft, which I understand. Instead of just refunding Mr. Curry for his purchase of a crankshaft we sold at cost and lost money when you include the shipping, we were going to order him in the right crankshaft paying the freight to us and to him, losing more money.......does the sound like we are trying to rip anyone off? I again told Mr. Curry that the crank was on backorder and could we switch vendors as I have checked and they have one they can ship to us and he was in agreement as he just wanted a crankshaft. The day of    05-13-13 Mr. Curry did call me and 1st the idea of him being on hold for 25 minutes, well is simply I am writing stuff on the internet so lets exagerate 10 fold. Our phone system rings again when on hold one minute, which you have to pick up and put on hold again, 25 times? I told him that the crank was coming and we would ship it to him the day we receive it. Trying to be real and NOT exagerate I believe he was a little ugly with me saying he better have the crank by the end of the week as 05-13-13 was a Monday. Bottomline the crank arrived on 05-13-13 and we shipped it to him that day. Again, we sold a crank below cost that was misboxed from the manufactuer, the one in question was backordered from the original manufacturer, to satisfy and help one of our valued customers, we ordered in a correct crank from another vendor paying more for that crank to satisfy Mr. Curry and paying the freight in and the freight out to him.  I understand Mr. Curry might be frustrated but this is just another smear compain that is allowed on the internet by people that are looking for something for free, makes them feel like they have power. If Mr. Curry is a real man he will rethink his post and take it down knowing he was wrong for writing this. Not wrong for being upset or frustrated but ripped off,   not at all period.