Complaint Review: Dowagiac Animal Hospital

• Updated: Wed, June 05, 2013

• Reported By: Deena — Michigan
Dowagiac Animal Hospital
54791 M-51 N Dowagiac, Michigan USA

Dowagiac Animal Hospital New owner: uncaring, rude individual who should never be allowed to treat our pets! Dowagiac Michigan

Dowagiac Animal Hospital used to be a good solid vet clinic run by Drs Frank and Dave Butts. Unfortunately, the clinic has been under new ownership of Dr. Wilson. Thank God, Dr Dave is still there. He (and Dr Mejeur) are the only 2 good doctors I will see. I can not say everything that goes on there from a personal nature.  Lets just say I have been in contact with 1 or more reliable individuals about the care of the animals in that place. As well, I have had my dog in to the clinic for surgery to an open wound. He has not been the same since. The following is what I will tell you:

The techs are nice, although I am told that there are only 2 within the clinic but that everyone (including kennel assistants) are perfroming tech duties. This means that a kennel assistant may be taking blood from your pet, not the tech that has been trained in this. (Hopefully, assistants aren't performing surgeries....)

I have heard of animals being hit when they get too excited or anxious...is this what happened to my dog?

When I saw Dr Wilson for the first time, he spoke rudely to me. He then acted like he was a "know it all". He rushes at his so called "care" of pets. I don't want this type of person doing surgeries. He also overcharges for a lot of his care doing needless tests that don't need to be run.

I did a little extra research of the type of clinic he is running. According to his website, Dr Wilson "owned his first practice in the Detroit area from 1978 until 2003 when he felt the draw back to western Michigan. He opened a practice in Holland, MI and lived in the little town of Hamilton". That is the only info that you are given. What it doesn't say is that Dr Wilson has owned several clinics (at least 4) in the past. All of them went downhill due to his care and he moved on.

All I can say is, if you want good quality pet care, don't go to this clinic.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dowagiac-Animal-Hospital/Dowagiac-Michigan-49047/Dowagiac-Animal-Hospital-New-owner-uncaring-rude-individual-who-should-never-be-allowe-1056764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dowagiac Animal Hospital