Complaint Review: Downloan-Genius

• Updated: Mon, February 17, 2014

• Reported By: Isabelle — NAILSWORTH Other
Downloan-Genius
Nationwide United Kingdom

Download-Genius Superior Download Fraudulent taking of money from account London United Kingdom

*Consumer Comment: Brilliant Download

I was looking for an e bookand came across this site which says they can legally give access to downloads of books. The promotional cost was $1.99 for three days. I signed up for the service and then tried to download the book. The next window was Superior download and the email address plus the log in which I signed up for would not work.

I contacted the company and they took a day to respond, saying that there are sometimes problems like these but to try again. I tried again and got the same error message. I sent them an email saying I wanted to ancl the membershipbecuse it did not work.

I then got an email for them saying three days had now passed and I had been signed up for the full membership at a cost of $49.95.  I contacted them again and told them I had alredy cancelled the membership before the three days were up and i wanted a refund.

They then responded outlining their terms and conditions which say that after three days you are signed up for full membership. I pointed out to them that their terms and conditions say I can cancel the full membershipwithn 27 days of it coming online and I wowud get a full refund. I have not heard back from them and I doubt I will.

These people prey on the fct that your member ship login doesnt work...then they take their time getting back to you - so the three days have past. Then they charge your credit card with the full membership and avoid any further emails from you.

I thin they should be reported and blocked from using this site as it is a scamand there must be thousands of people who are taken advantage of this way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2014 11:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Downloan-Genius/nationwide/Download-Genius-Superior-Download-Fraudulent-taking-of-money-from-account-London-United-K-1124075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Downloan-Genius

Brilliant Download

AUTHOR: Pawel - ()

I have a similar experience. I wanted to register in Download Genius but instead I received an account in Brilliant Download. I just received an e-mail sying that my membership has been extended for 39$. I replied that I want to cancel my membership and will wait for their answer. But I am very interested, if the person who reported above the download-genius case succeeded and eventually cancelled the account? Did they refund the money?