Complaint Review: Doxie Garden - Pet Doxie

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: Concerned parent — Kinnelon New Jersey United States of America
Doxie Garden - Pet Doxie
18 Prospect Drive Somerville, New Jersey United States of America

Doxie Garden - Pet Doxie - petdoxie.com They claimed they are a AKC dachshund breeder and sold a sick dachshund to my young daughter for cash only. Contract says she boarded a dog there for 34 days at $25/day, not sold her a dog Somerville, New Jersey

*Author of original report: This has been reolved

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Certified by the vet that it was healthy

*Consumer Comment: two wonderful dachshund pups

*Author of original report: Resolution

*Author of original report: What you can do to protect yourself against PetDoxie / Doxie Garden

This breeder who refused to give their actual name sold a dachshund puppy with no papers to my young daughter for $900 cash plus sales tax.  They claimed they were an AKC breeder and there were no papers or information on parents of puppy and pedigree.  They gave paperwork as boarding fees, not purchase or adoption of a puppy.  When asked if they could take the puppy back due to allegies in family and no one to care for the puppy during the day, they first denied knowing they sold a dog to my daughter, but then said they were on vacation in Canada until next year and would not take the puppy back.  The facilities where they keep the puppies are terrible and run down outside, with no heat in a run down shed with a dog run and crates.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2012 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doxie-Garden-Pet-Doxie/Somerville-New-Jersey-08776/Doxie-Garden-Pet-Doxie-petdoxiecom-They-claimed-they-are-a-AKC-dachshund-breeder-an-987671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doxie Garden - Pet Doxie

This has been reolved

AUTHOR: Concerned parent - ()

The owner of PetDoxie refunded the money for the puppy in full and this issue has been resolved.  I posted a resolution online in January 2013.   RipOff report tells us that there is no way to remove previous reports and postings.  The dachshund puppy was returned to Elena and our money was refunded to my daughter.  I have also sent an email request to RipOff report to remove the complaints, which were written during the period before the money (cash) was refunded.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Certified by the vet that it was healthy

AUTHOR: Elena - ()

The person who complained that I sold her sick puppy have never bought puppy from me. Someone from her family, I believe to be her daughter, came and adopted the pup day before Christmas.

This person who filed complain came to my property, walked around my house on Christmas morning while my family was away overseas.What she did was completely illegal.

She opened up my shed where I’m storing crates and took the pictures of inside of my shed. She also took pictures of my chicken coop and my neighbor’s property passing it as mine. She photographed chicken fence and I use in the summer to raise chicks and passing it if this is a dog place. I didn’t know she was doing it and putting comments about my family until now. I’m so disgusted with her behavior. =(

Once we were back from Christmas vacation she and her husband brought puppy back and it was certified by the vet that it was healthy.

Silly me, I gave them money back without even realizing that they stabbed me in a back many many times while I was away.  She didn’t even have decency to remove her comments.

I did nothing wrong to her and have never sold her sick puppy, matter of the fact I HAVE NEVER SOLD HER ANY PUPPY.  People sometimes could be very dishonest. =(((

two wonderful dachshund pups

AUTHOR: Barbara - ()

This is to report my positive experience dealing with Helena at Pet Doxie Somerville, NJ.  My husband and I purchased two pups over a month ago and we could not be happier with them, their disposition, the information received from the breeder and their physical health.  They have been examined by our vet and received their shots, etc.  Both pups are healthy, happy and fun.  We have always had dachshunds and have only positive comparisons to make.  We are quite disturbed to read such seriously negative information about the breeder as we found her so accommodating.  When we picked up our pups, she included a carry bag, food, numerous toys and one of their blankets for us and very neatly completed medical information clearly filled out. We also received papers verifying their parentage, etc.  Is all of this negative information provided by one unhappy consumer and is it totally accurte in terms of reputation as described.  I certainly hope it is very exaggerated as I can't equate what was said with our experience or with the two beautiful pups we have.

Resolution

AUTHOR: Concerned parent - (United States of America)

This issue has been completely resolved as of today.  A full refund was issued and so there is no further problems with PetDoxie.

What you can do to protect yourself against PetDoxie / Doxie Garden

AUTHOR: Concerned parent - (United States of America)

Contact the NJ Department of Consumer Affairs - part of the NJ Attorney General's Office.  1-800-242-5846.  Report the transaction and what this "breeder" did and provide all documents to them.  Also contact the ASPCA 1-800-582-5979 and let them know of the dogs being sick and the deplorable condition of their kennels. If you don't take action, this repeat offender will continue doing this.  There are multiple complaints in the last few days about this "breeder".