Complaint Review: Doyle Chevrolet

• Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: HHP — macedon New York United States of America
Doyle Chevrolet
740 Ridge Rd. Webster, New York United States of America

Doyle Chevrolet Cashed a deposit check knowing I probably couldn't get financed for a car. Webster, New York

*Consumer Comment: Get a clue.

I put a deposit down on a car at Doyle Chevrolet, one of the salesmen called me and said that it "wasn't looking good for financing" this was on a friday. He said he would get back to me on monday; never heard from him. Tuesday I was checking my bank account only to find they cashed the check, which overdrew my account. Does it make sense to cash a check when you know that the person probably won't be getting the car?

Then when I called them on it & demanded they reimburse me for the overdraft fee he said " well, you wrote the check, why are we responsible for the ocerdraft fees?"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doyle-Chevrolet/Webster-New-York-14580/Doyle-Chevrolet-Cashed-a-deposit-check-knowing-I-probably-couldnt-get-financed-for-a-car-974503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doyle Chevrolet

Get a clue.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

You wrote them a phony check.   That is against the law in most jurisdictions that I'm familiar with.    Whenever you write a check that does not have funds to back it, you are very likely breaking the law.  This also applies to post dated rubber checks.

What good is a "deposit check" that has no funds to back it?  Why would you write such a check?

I think you need to learn how checks work before you go accusing others of wrongdoing.   Anytime you write a check, you should expect that it will be processed as soon as it leaves your hand.

He is exactly correct.