Complaint Review: Dr. Aaron Bruce

• Reported By: Marcus — frisco Texas
Dr. Aaron Bruce
1727 W. College Street Bozeman, Montana USA

Dr. Aaron Bruce Rogers Dermatology Clinic Bait and Switch Bozeman Montana

BAIT & SWITCH! I was told by the person on the phone that I would be charged $125-175 depending on what what done at the time of the visit. At the end of the procedure I was billed $584. I came in for some flat warts on my arm (doctor told me to use Compound W).

The doctor ended up freezing a small pin head scab off my scalp and cutting out another pin-head size Keratosis on my shoulder (5 minutes in total for both procedures). The problem is that the office bill does not correlate to the actual 'a la carte' pricing that is done at the time of the procedure. Each item that is done to you has a SEPERATE CHARGE. This is not in itself unethical IF IT IS DISCLOSED BEFORE THE PROCEDURE IS CONDUCTED.

What this means is that you pay the high office fees plus the additional fees for the procedure(s) of which you have no idea their cost. Total BS and I advise anybody else wanting to use this clinic to take extra precaution. The billing agent by the name of Heather actually used the excuse that if they did not remove the cancer from my shoulder I might be in serious health condition today! The fact is that I along with 58 million other Americans have Actinic Keratosis.

The fact that Heather used the CANCER scare tactic as an excuse to bill me without first advising me of the extremely high fee is inexcusable. The ethics of this individual and this office are deplorable. By the way, I had a follow-up call with Dr. Aaron Bruce (nice enough guy) who actually admitted to me that he forgot to discuss the additional fees with me. Heather said it was my job as a patient to make sure that I asked enough questions before hand to avoid the over-billing issue. Again - don't get stuck like I did. Avoid this clip shop at all cost... pun intended. http://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-information/actinic-keratosis

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2013 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Aaron-Bruce/Bozeman-Montana-59715/Dr-Aaron-Bruce-Rogers-Dermatology-Clinic-Bait-and-Switch-Bozeman-Montana-1087609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Aaron Bruce