Complaint Review: Dr. Alan Meltzer DMD- Dental Implants

• Submitted: Mon, September 05, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, November 25, 2011

• Reported By: Robert — Philadelphia Pennsylvania U.S.A.
Dr. Alan Meltzer DMD- Dental Implants
1307 Whitehorse Rd, Voorhees, New Jersey.08043 Internet United States of America

Dr. Alan Meltzer DMD- Dental Implants Clinical Professor and Devout Fraud Artist Internet

*Author of original report: Alan M. Meltzer DDS-Voorhees,NJ.08043

I was ripped off by Dr. Alan M. Meltzer in Voorhees, New Jersey.08043 he charged me 650.00 for an abatement I never was casted for or considered getting from him. An abatement is a tooth platform that screws into his biomet implant or prosthetic root in the jaw. I made the mistake of getting an Implant from him and paid 1995.00 supposed to be with all inclusive services. I asked him after I was done with my implant and follow up appointments if he does digital scanning for an abatement and crown, or the tooth platform and prosthetic tooth. He said he would have to make up his mind about that, intimating that he could do both. Upon coming up on my last appointment I called and asked his staff if he did the digital scanning they informed me they do the old fashioned casting and wouldn't get digital until next year some time. I cancelled my last appointment and was called back by staff to keep my appointment to get a Torque Test for his lifetime warranty. I said OK because this was a follow up appointment that I was not to be charged for and I was told every implant has a lifetime warranty if you came back once a year to have a checkup by the doctor.

I came in for my appt. he did a three minute Torque Test on my Implant asked me if I wanted an old fashioned casting and I told him No I had my teeth scanned and ordered a abatement (tooth platform) and crown (prosthetic tooth) from Dr. Tau in Northeast Philadelphia. He said He hoped Dr. Tau could do it right, as soon as he said that I knew I was in for trouble! He then had two follow up X-rays taken and never read and gave me no results for my Torque Test,a double header! I get to check out where I was told I owed 650.00 for a Torgue Test, a follow up, supposed to be inclued for my 1995.00 which he backed up with a Flow sheet saying a 3minute Torguw Test was 650.00. He had never ever mentioned a torque test to me at any time. What happened to my Warranty I don't know I never received anything in writing and now realized that if he could supersede his verbal policies with a flow sheet, you were surely in trouble. I told him I did not want his warranty which I knew I would never get anyway. I was charged 650.00 for a Torque Test for 3 minutes and he put down he gave me an abatement which was total fraud as he never cast it, made a model of my teeth,never sent it to a lab, and never had an abatement made, which is a custom piece. I guess if he charged me for a Torgue Test it woud have come up no charge as this is follow up for my Implant and an abatement is 650.00 which I got from Dr. Tau and not Alan Meltzer.

Dr. Meltzer teachs dentistry and is very donnish and pedantic but he is a plain theft, liar,and grifter if you can go to someone else for your Implant do it as Dr. Meltzer's policies change with every flow sheet he types up and his favorite customer is an unfamiliar one. I wasted a day to be ripped off for his lies and deceit and now have had to file a dispute with my credit card and go through a lot of aggravation I should have never returned for my follow up appt but I didn't know!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2011 04:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Alan-Meltzer-DMD-Dental-Implants/internet/Dr-Alan-Meltzer-DMD-Dental-Implants-Clinical-Professor-and-Devout-Fraud-Artist-Interne-773179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Alan Meltzer DMD- Dental Implants

Alan M. Meltzer DDS-Voorhees,NJ.08043

AUTHOR: Robert Friedberg - (USA)

This is a follow up to my original report of Dr. Meltzer ripping me off for 650.00 for a Torque test that was totally just a plan to rip me off. First off half of all dentists don't even do torque tests for implant progress, just follow up X-rays. Dr. James Vito a Prosthodontist and Periodontiest in Wayne ,Pa doesn't use Torque test for his implant progress, just X-rays. Of the doctor's that do torque tests they are follow up for implants at no charge to the patient or their choice over an x-ray, for their follow up policy.I have since gotten in touch with the Voorhees Police,Sgt. Hamburg, who informed me the police could detain a patient for information purposes but would not arrest any patients for surprise charges that were not paid. In the future I will be walking out on Doctor's with rediculous charges and forgo trying to be honest and forth right, and causing myself all this aggrivation.Dr. Meltzer's policies,procedures,false warranties are not on paper purposely so he has plenty of room to play with you and your money. Be forwarned!

As a matter of fact my original Implant from Dr. Meltzer was angulated and mesial or too closse to the tooth in front of it,to which Dr.Meltzer commented it was Perfect, Perfect, Perfect, what a pathologial liar,deciever,an autistic prevaricator.He is more than a liar he is what you would call mentally ill.If you do get an implant have your surgeon use a surgical guide and if he doen't want to find someone who will. Because any mistakes are truly yours for ever and just a statistic to the surgeon, who really cares???