Complaint Review: Dr. Andrew A. Konen

• Submitted: Fri, July 27, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, April 16, 2014

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Dr. Andrew A. Konen
9301 North Central Expressway Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 214-252-9432
  • Web:
  • Category: Doctors

Dr. Andrew A. Konen Pain Managment Doctor Dismissed Patient in need Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: Nonsense!

*General Comment: Dr. Konen saved my life

*Consumer Comment: Dr. Konen's Excellence

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Dr Konen is still a 1st class liar and quack

*Consumer Comment: Not satisfied ,,,then go to a different Texas Veterens hospital

*Consumer Comment: andrew konen md is a quack

*Consumer Comment: Dr. Andrew Konen is the best both professionally and personally

*Consumer Comment: Ethnic Comment and Not My Experience

*General Comment: Ethnic Comment and Not My Experience

*Consumer Comment: Rebuttal - Dr Andrew Konen

*Consumer Comment: Hummmmmm..... I was just thinking what a great Doctor & Staff.

*Consumer Comment: This characterization is incorrect and unfair

*Consumer Suggestion: That's just wrong!

My wife had been a patient of Dr. Andrew A. Konen's for about five years. She has various ailments. Degenerative disk disease, Osteoporosis, Arthritis. These all contribute to my wife's level of pain. She's recently broken her clavicle and small finger of her left hand. He has over the past five years precribed more and more pain medications. Some of which she now needs a doctor's help to get off of. Some could cause seizures if stopped without help of a physician.

The plan up until a couple of months ago with Dr. Konen had been to do just that. He was going to formulate a plan to lessen the dosages to help my wife get off some of the more meds. This is now just a bad memory for us. He has stated all kind of things when I have been there with my wife. His staff is manned by the most petty, insensitive bunch of ethnic women I have ever had the displeasure to meet.

This doctor was supposed to take an oath to "Do no harm". Well here's the kicker. Last month my wife visited him at his office and she was in so much pain she was crying while in his office waiting room while waiting to see him. This to me seems quite normal if someone is in real pain. Thats why you go to a doctor. Logical.

This month my wife went in for her next scheduled checkup and she was greeted by his typical insensitivity. He came running out of a back office area and immediately started to yell at her in front of the whole office staff and the other folks in the waiting room. Naturally she began to cry out of fear and uncertainty for what her future had to hold relating to her need for continued treatment and still the need to get weaned off some of the medications that shes taking. This was totally uncalled for. What a jerk. Doctor Konen should have escorted her to a consultation room and had a private conference with my wife about whatever issues he had. This did NOT happen. He then informed my wife he would no longer treat her and dismissed her on the spot.

BEWARE of Dr. Andrew A. Konen. His office staff is mean, insensitive and ignorant. Do not seek his help for your medical needs. He may abuse you like he abused my wife. SHAME on you Doctor Konen. Where's your hypocratic oath now?? Or did you forget why you became a Doctor?

Just a word to the wise. Thanks for listening.

John
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2007 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Andrew-A-Konen/Dallas-Texas-75231/Dr-Andrew-A-Konen-Pain-Managment-Doctor-Dismissed-Patient-in-need-Dallas-Texas-263666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Andrew A. Konen

Nonsense!

AUTHOR: Capernaum - ()

I have know Dr. Konen professionally, and as his patient, for over 15 yrs. Never have i seen him act in such a mannor, nor is it even in his personality to be capable of doing so. This sounds like someone who's upset they didn't get what they want, which is usually more drugs. To the person who thinks he's a "lower" doctor because he's moved several times, I can tell you, with authority, the reason's for this, as i was one of the persons who encouraged him to go to Baylor. He is the best pain management physician in the DFW area. He has moved around because his practice has grown, and he's always being recruited by other facilities, much like that of a superior professional athlete. He is the doc that other docs send their family members to see. This is the problem with sites like this, where people slander, and damage businesses, without having a clue about what they're talking about. So to be clear, Dr. Konen is a brilliant pain management specialist, and a very kind and gentle person. Anyone who says different doesn't know much about him, nor pain management medicine.

#2 General Comment

Dr. Konen saved my life

AUTHOR: shoegal250 - ()

I have been a patient of Dr. Konen's for 12 years.  When I first went to him I was ready to end it I was in so much pain.  He has helped me so much.  I have always been treated with respect by him and his staff.  Dr. Konen even went into another surgeons operating room to bitch him out for totally screwing up a surgery I had.  I've never heard of another physcian going to bat for a patient like Dr. Konen has for me.  He is a wonderful doctor that truly cares for his patients.

Dr. Konen's Excellence

AUTHOR: martinique - ()

I am a new patient of Dr. Konen's as of April, 2014.  In my opinion, he is an excellent pain management physician.  Whatever went wrong with the lady who saw Dr. Konen for 12 years seems to be individualized to her.  The husband's comments seem to me to be a rant.  Something was going right for twelve years.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Dr Konen is still a 1st class liar and quack

AUTHOR: steve and sharon szabo - ()

After 12 years of being a patient of this so called pain doctor...We saw in those years of following him from office to office as he moved around changing his business name from progressive pain management to pinnacle pain medicine to now Konen and associates where he now resides at Baylor Dallas in now Dr Noes old practice suite..Maybe he will be able to stay there as he has Baylor hospitals patients but as I see it...

Lower Dr's like Konen will never make it no matter where he is located do to the fact that he may act like he really cares about his patients..but his main goal is making as much money as he can...cause as far as I am concerned ...any doctor that moves around town and keeps changing his business name will eventually be found out for his true caring for his patients as my wife and I both found out in December of 2013...He would Not make a pimple on a good doctors behind side and I will forever stand by my opinion of this so called caring pain management doctor in my opinion..Thank you

Not satisfied ,,,then go to a different Texas Veterens hospital

AUTHOR: steve and sharon s**** - ()

Hello,,, If you are Not satisfied with the Ethnic persuasion at the Dallas V A hospital,,, Go to the one in Bonham Texas,,,and then maybe they will suit your liking..... This comment was posted by a Vietnam Era Vet,,,,that has never had a problem with ones color since I have been a Texas resident for 38 years...  All I can say is to smile more LOL..  My remarks were posted by a Destroyer sailor that was homeported out of San Diego California from 73-75,,,,,,,Thank you

andrew konen md is a quack

AUTHOR: steve and sharon szabo - ()

My wife and I both heard of the incident in question...Well,, here goes for the record of our disatisfaction of a so called medical licenced pain doctor that we followed as patients for a period of 12 years.. All Dr Konen cares about is the fact of how much money he can make by doing pain injections under flouroscopy and literally could care less about the patients that are on very strong opiates like oxycontin.. Dr Konen had a whole year with my wife and I to get us weaned off of this very strong opiate and he basically did absolutely nothing and when the new prescribing laws changed in Texas for what are called N drugs or non formulary meds,, his so called office staff being Lashandra Hawkins medical assistant,,, she literally lied to my face when she told me that my wifes ins co denied the pre cert,,, so I asked her to file an interlocutoryorder with the texas state insurance board which she did,,,, then the COVER UP began by Misty who is an office manager and by Dr Konens P.A. Devon Willians,,,

There were so many lies that came out of that office and Dr Konen believing his own office staffs lies instead of hearing out what actually happened my wife and I were basically terminated as the long standing 12 year patients that we were and literally kicked to the CURB worse then a DRUG DEALER would of ever thought about doing to anyone that had been on 80mg Oxycontin and Roxicodone.. We were literally forced to DETOX at our home which required several ambulance trips to our local hospital to try and help us with Klonodine to take the edge off.. It has been over a month and we do NOT know if our systems bodily functions will ever get back to normal...In our opinion  that this so called doctor Andre Albert Konen should have his Dea license pulled and also be fined for doing what he did to my disabled wife and I. A vet would never do to us what this so called medical doctor did and a New law via the D E A should be put into law that No doctor ever again is ever to be allowed to prescribe Opiate pain meds without weaning that patient off said meds if and when they are released from any medical doctors care in this God given United States of America,,,,,,, And this DID happen cause we are the living proof of The HELL that we went thru because of Dr. Andrew Albert Konen MD,,, out of Baylor Dallas suite 360 of Konen and Associates and I also state to Not believe his smiles and laughter from this doctor,,, because once he can no longer perform blocks or ablations you too will be put at the bottom of his appointment list as we both were and this is in our very strong opinion of him as a caring pain doctor,,, and if you believe to as I have read,, your true day will come but we just hope that any other patients will read. And learn about the True Dr. Andrew Albert Konen MD.               THANK YOU

Dr. Andrew Konen is the best both professionally and personally

AUTHOR: Jason H. - ()

And I am a dismissed patient who violated my agreement with him. Even then, I was treated with respect and humility. I have been to see many other pain management Dr.’s since Dr. Konen and I have yet to receive the level of expertise, respect, knowledge, or medical relief that I received while one of his patients.

I am not sure who these rude people that the initiator of this thread are because everyone that I dealt with in Dr. Konen and Dr. Flanagan’s practice are kind and empathetic and honestly caring. It was totally 100% my loss getting released from his care for violating my agreements with him. Even then they were more than patient and understanding in the amount of chances they gave me. Dr Konen is the best and anyone who says differently is not being honest with themselves or with you.

Ethnic Comment and Not My Experience

AUTHOR: Debbie Williams - (United States of America)

Why are the comments about ethnicity necessary?

#9 General Comment

Ethnic Comment and Not My Experience

AUTHOR: Debbie Williams - (United States of America)

I found the doctor's office to be pleasant and efficient.  I found Dr. Konen hopeful and willing to work with me.  He did however make me realize that I must be a willing participant in my care and condition by being responsible with the medication and making all follow-up appointments.  He was implicit in practice policy relative to dismissing patients.  I venture your wife's problems occurred as a result of her violating practice policy.

Rebuttal - Dr Andrew Konen

AUTHOR: GBCFlyGirl - (United States of America)

I just read this scathing report online and frankly, am shocked. I am a patient as well and he has been nothing but kind, gracious and understanding to me! Dr Konen was my last hope after going in and out the 'revolving door' of truly incompetent pain doctors and rheumatologists that I have been seeing for the past year and I had planned, if Dr Konen would not help me, to stop looking for help. He was the only physician that correctly pinpointed my problem and acknowledged the true enormity of it - severe spinal arthritis at the age of 49. I found Dr Konen through a newspaper article featuring him from the Dallas Morning News.
"First Do No Harm"?

Yes, Dr Konen does seem to be taking his Hippocratic Oath quite seriously and, I am sorry to say this, but, for this man to be the 'evil monster' that you have portrayed him to be makes me quite skeptical of what happened on your side to precipitate any negative behavior he may or may not have had.

I received my first, of presumably many, steroidal injections on Friday. Everything went well and I am starting to see some dramatic improvement. I am actually not in the pain I was in even 1 month ago. And I too have been sitting in doctor's offices crying and begging for help on multiple occasions - I assume they all though that I was a 'drug seeker' due to my age, which, I am not...

Have you ever been to the Dallas VA "Hospital" on Lancaster Ave? Well, I am a veteran and I have. You want to deal with some people of a certain 'ethnic' persuasion who truly do not care? Go over to the VA and then compare the two...

I guarantee that that scene over there would change your mind about rudeness and uncaring. Trust me. I have been over there on multiple occasions and have always been treated like a piece of garbage (so much for my service to the country) I see that this post is 5 years old but, I wanted to add my 2 cents in case anyone else looks at this report. Dr Konen is an Angel of Mercy, in my eye and my eyes have seen a lot...
Debra F. GBC, TX USA

Hummmmmm..... I was just thinking what a great Doctor & Staff.

AUTHOR: MARK-CHICAGO - (USA)

Hello
I see this is from years ago and that's to bad. I live in Chicago and just went to Texas to get surgery done on my back by Dr. Konen and after calling before hand and while in Texas and now after... back in Chicago have found Dr. Konen and his office staff very friendly and caring.
Before-During & After my surgery Dr. Konen was very responsive to my concerns and needs and he and the staff treated me like a king !!!
Just today -Back in Chicago on a Monday no less, I called for a script refill and was happily greeted and well taken care of, I was so happy about how fast she got it handled I called the office back to tell the young lady what a great job she had done and how happy I was.

I am very sorry your wife is in poor health and hope by now shes gotten her meds. under control and found a Doctor shes happy with.
I too take many meds. for pain and being disabled know all to well about the effects of not having the correct meds. in a timely manner.
My hats off the the Doctor and Staff !!!!!
Doctors Web Site: http://www.pinnaclepainmed.com/Physicians/Physician-Biography/Andrew-Konen.aspx
Mark
5/17/2010

This characterization is incorrect and unfair

AUTHOR: Painpatient - (U.S.A.)

I have been a patient in the office of doctors Konen and Flanagan for several years and have never been treated with anything but professional and correct manners. I suspect from the complaint that I actually know the person who made it and he had similar complaints about virtually every pain doctor he took his wife to. Eventually they ALL refused to treat her further and as a bystander who listened to his constant complaints I suspect it was his fault rather than hers or the doctors'. At any rate, my personal experience of Dr Konen is that he is a good patient professional as are his office staff and other associates. Having been in his office monthly for 3 years plus I have never heard another patient complain, but rather have had many comment to me about how good he is -- often without any prompting. Just "who is your doctor" gets the answer "Doctor Konen -- Isn't he wonderful?"

#13 Consumer Suggestion

That's just wrong!

AUTHOR: Tina - (U.S.A.)

If this Doctor did as you say, I hope you reported him for unprofessional conduct to the Texas Medical Board. You can check his license there, check to see if there are anymore complaints and file a complaint as well. No one has the right to treat anyone like that, Doctor or not. Doctor's can be incredibly rude and arrogant but I think we all have our 'unlovely' moments but that was going a bit too far. Of course if it was me, I'd have dressed him down and verbally ripped him to shreds, then walked out. I truly hope she's found some help from a caring physician. There are many out there that are nothing like Dr. S*&*&* there. Good luck to you and don't take it lying down! ;)