Complaint Review: Dr. Barry Kaplan

• Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: Lillian — PEMBROKE PINES Florida
Dr. Barry Kaplan
106 Boston Avenue, Suite #203 Altamonte Springs, Florida USA

Dr. Barry Kaplan Kaplan Cosmetic surgery of Altamonte Springs FL 32701 Also office in Melbourne FL. Dr. Kaplan bad office practice. Also, With no consent had another surgeon perform surgery. Altamonte Springs Florida

*Author of original report: Dr. Kaplan exposes patients to infections in surgeries

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Lillian's Report is False

I had my initial visits with Dr. Kaplan at his Melbourne office, We discussed about needing a breast lift and an augmentation, as well a tummy tuck with an hernia removed. I agreed on getting a breast augmentation with him. I prepared for this long wished for first surgery.

I arrived on time day of surgery and I was prepped for surgery by a surgeon that I had never met previously. I asked him if Dr. Kaplan was going to be in the operating room. Dr. Yee Kin said that Dr. Kaplan was at the other office in Melbourne and could not make it.

I honestly felt concerned, but allowed him to perform the surgery anyway. To say the least I could have caught an infection really fortunate that I did not catch an infection. My little cousin went with me to help if I needed any help. She was able to walk in and out of the operating room without scrubs!

The room that I was having surgery in was open and people were walking in and out of it without scrubs. My health was on the line, I feel that I was treated as if I had surgery in another country not in the U.S of America.

I would like to file for medical malpractice even if four years have passed by since my surgery, it looks aweful and not well performed, My left breast continues to be discomfort. There are tissues that never repaired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Barry-Kaplan-/Altamonte-Springs-Florida-32701/Dr-Barry-Kaplan-Kaplan-Cosmetic-surgery-of-Altamonte-Springs-FL-32701-Also-office-in-Me-1084869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Barry Kaplan

Dr. Kaplan exposes patients to infections in surgeries

AUTHOR: Lillian - ()

Dr. Barry Kaplan, performed my surgery in Melbourne's office to recitfy he has another office in Orlando. He gave me all of my pre surgery office visits and instructions, then he gave me his word on being there on the day of surgery he did not show up, because he was to busy giving injections and performing other treatments at his office in Orlando.

I was treated like a guini pig where Dr. Yee Kin performed my breast augmentation by himself with an assistant. My little cousin went with me to help in anyway possible. She was in and out of what he calls a suite is a small room that looks like a butchers room. It looked unsanitized, my little cousing walked in and out without scrubs. That alone tells you that this surgeon should not be performing surgeries anymore, he should be put out.

I could have suffered a major infection, I had to call the ambulance that same evening because I was given a high dose of pain killers, even after I advised that I was allergic to pain killers. He then perscribed tylenol with codine.

My breast look like a night mare thanks to DR. KAPLAN AND DR. YEE KIN. I will never want anything from these two unprofessionals.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Lillian's Report is False

AUTHOR: Dr. Kaplan - ()

The report filed by "Lillian" is false. At the initial consultation, Dr. Kaplan advised that she may need a breast lift in addition to a breast augmentation to achieve the desired results. "Lillian" opted for breast augmentation only. Both Dr. Kaplan and Dr. Yee (Dr. Kaplan's assisting surgeon who is a board-certified general surgeon) were present on the day of her procedure 4 years ago.  All consent forms were properly signed by the patient and placed in her chart.

All procedures are performed using standard preparation and draping techniques, and there has never been an infection as a result of surgery at Kaplan Cosmetic Surgery. Office policy allows that the patient may have someone at the door to see the results and talk with the patient briefly, but no one is allowed in the surgery suite or near the patient table.

Recently, "Lillian" contacted Kaplan Cosmetic Surgery to complain about the appearance of her breasts. Dr. Kaplan personally spoke with her on the phone. He offered to see her for evaluation, but she declined.

Lilian did not have the recommended procedure for optimum results, did not follow up after her procedure, and stated she had discomfort in her breast beginning a year after her surgery, but waited another three years to call to complain and states she was upset about Dr. Kaplan being in a different Melbourne office. In fact, Dr. Kaplan does not have another Melbourne office; and he was, indeed, present for the surgery.

Dr. Kaplan has successfully performed over 1500 breast augmentation procedures.