Complaint Review: Dr. Bill Smith, Kelly Banks, Richard Smith

• Updated: Tue, June 02, 2009

• Reported By:Charleston Arkansas
Dr. Bill Smith, Kelly Banks, Richard Smith
Internet U.S.A.

Dr. Bill Smith, Kelly Banks, Richard Smith Needed a babysitter, responded to my post on craigslist . Internet

*Consumer Comment: Thanx you Melissa!

I posted an ad on craigslist stating that I do childcare in my home. Shortly after posting, I received an email from a person named "Kelly Banks" of Ottawa, Canada who said his wife died and he has to come to my area for a six week seminar and needs someone to watch his twin 2 year old girls. I at first didnt think anything of it, and answered him back, asking him questions about where his seminar is, and questions about the girls and giving him a little info on my services.

He promptly wrote back with alot of answers about the twins, and even sent a pic of them. He wanted to know how much my total fee would be for the entire period of when he would be here. I noticed he never answered me to where he was having his seminar. I wrote back and told him how much my fee would be, and again asked about his seminar. I did tell him that I live in a rural area, and it would probably not be close to anywhere that his seminar could possibly be.

When he answered back, he again ignored my questions, but said that he had told his coworker about finding childcare and wanted to send me money for my fees and some extra money for me to forward to a store where he had ordered stuff for his girls to have at my house. He wanted to know my address, phone, and full name. Don't you think he would want to know those things during the first conversation, considering his child's life would be in my hands???

After that, I wrote him back and said that I didnt think he needs to send any toys, as I have plenty of things for kids already. I also said that I was not going to forward anything to a store, because there isnt a local store here, and it would be so inconvenient for me to do. I just said that he would need to take care of that himself.
that is the last I have heard from him, so far.

But the funny thing is, I just received another email from "richard smith" of London, with a son, Gary. He is basically saying the same thing, except this time it is a four week seminar. He asked in his first email how much my total fee would be for the entire time.

I don't know how stupid these people think we are, but I hope nobody actually falls for it. Who knows what will happen if someone goes through with it. I have searched and found a couple others that this has happened to. Don't be next!

Melissa
Charleston, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2009 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Bill-Smith-Kelly-Banks-Richard-Smith/internet/Dr-Bill-Smith-Kelly-Banks-Richard-Smith-Needed-a-babysitter-responded-to-my-post-on-cr-422567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Bill Smith, Kelly Banks, Richard Smith

Thanx you Melissa!

AUTHOR: Gina - (U.S.A.)

The same thing happened to me Melissa. I was very learly of the "Dr.'s" e-mail and did some research. This is where I found your ripoff report. Thank you so much for sharing your story. He to sent me the same story, he was coming to my area for a 6 week confrence, he has twins and just lost his wife, he's a Dr. coming from Canada and couldn't leave his babies behind. The ironic thing is I also got an e-mail from Lynch Samuel who is coming from London the day after I received the Dr.'s.

I am so greatful that you took the time to report this. Thank you.