Complaint Review: Dr. Bold OD, Inc

• Submitted: Wed, November 09, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, November 09, 2011

• Reported By: irate consumer — Newport Beach California United States of America
Dr. Bold OD, Inc
2628 San Miguel Dr. Newport Beach, California United States of America

Dr. Bold OD, Inc Michael Bold unethical sales practice, high pressure, failure to disclose prices, incompetent eye examiner (Bob) Newport Beach, California

Dr. Bold's optometry is a high-pressure rip off. At first, they told me my insurance was not acceptable. The receptionist took one hour to finally get me in the "system". Or for them to work the system. Then they told me I was eligible for coverage by two insurances companies.

After "Bob" blundered the eye exam the Dr.came in and finished it.  As soon as I got in his chair, he tried to up-sell me on a special procedure. After the exam the office manager (very charming, very cunning) started piling up the accessories I needed. It went on and on. I picked out two frames they said I was entitled to, I asked about my computer and they added another set on lenses (I gave them my current frames to keep the expense down. These people worked on me for about 4 hours. Then produced a bill for about 12-15 hundred dollars.(1200-1500usd)

I was totally shocked. Also, they wanted the money. RIGHT NOW! I knew I should have left the office but felt hooked, painted into a corner. Three offices workers against me. I had some cash in my wallet and shamefully gave it to them. It was though they had me in a awkward position. The office manager told me to come back with the balance. I left my stomach in turmoil. I returned and said my bank was closed. I left and knew I had been HAD.

I called the next day to cancel, was told the lab was already on the job and they were secure with the lab, and could not ask them to cancel. Office manager kept bringing the coast down if I promised not to tell anyone.

To add insult to injury, the bi-focals I ordered were worthless. The reader part of the lens was so low I could not read unless I bent my neck forward.  USE THIS OFFICE AT YOUR OWN FINANCIAL RISK.  THE DOCTOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS STAFF. He hides in the back while the staff rapes your wallet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2011 01:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Bold-OD-Inc/Newport-Beach-California-/Dr-Bold-OD-Inc-Michael-Bold-unethical-sales-practice-high-pressure-failure-to-disclose-796388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Bold OD, Inc