- Report: #531136
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Dr. Charles Covert MD
Dr. Charles Covert MDInternet United States of America
Dr. Charles Covert MD Psychiatrist Mercenary Psychiatrist Working for Local Businesses Internet
After reporting my high school principal for improper conduct while under oath with the Texas Education Agency during TAKS testing, I was suspended from my teaching duties the following day. The school official told me that the school district received an anonymous call from other "teachers" reporting a fear for their personal safety with me on campus.
While in suspension, I had to report to an office for three monthes while they "investigated" the incident. During this time they sent me for a drug test. When the tests came back clear, they said they needed me to go to their psychiatrist for a "fitness for duty" exam to see if I could still teach. This is odd because my school previously awarded me Teacher of the Year for two consecutive years.
I had to see DR. CHARLES COVERT. The way he treated me has left me so afraid for employees who ended up having to be examined by him. I wish I could advise them not to allow his office to take a drug test specimen without following state guidelines. YOU HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO WATCH THEM SEAL YOUR SPECIMEN VILE WITH YOUR SIGNATURE ON THE LABEL to ensure your specimen is not somehow contaminated. Most drug testing establishments will do this in front of you once you hand them your urine or blood. Most drug testing establishments will have you sign a document called a "CHAIN OF CUSTODY" proving that you are OK with the way they sealed up your blood or urine specimen to be sent off for drug testing. Thank GOD my lawyer answered the phone advising me not to let my urine specimen out of my sight until I saw it sealed up well with my signature on the seal, and giving me a "CHAIN OF CUSTODY" Document.
Dr. Covert's common-law wife, who was going to handle the specimen, acted surprised when I demanded a CHAIN OF CUSTODY document showing they had acted within state guidelines. She asked me if I had a lawyer. When I said yes, she paused and went into Dr. Covert's office for a few minutes. She came back and gathered the proper documents where I was allowed to sign my name to the seal that goes on top of the vile to be sent off to the drug lab.
To make a long story short:
1) Never report your employer even if you are under oath to report them should violations occur;
2) Never let someone take a drug sample without signing a CHAIN OF CUSTODY documentation even if they seem annoyed (which should be rare);
3) Never trust a mental health professional that is rude, not personable, or who seems like they are working in the interest of your employer. This guy seems like he will do anything to make the buck from the highest bidder, whether that be you or your employer!
4) After seeing him and asserting my rights, Houston ISD sent me to another psychiatrist. She told me that she wished she had a dime every time a school district referred an employee after reporting TAKS test violations. She said that I was definately fit for teaching.
5) I applied for another job, Houston ISD officials told my currently employer that I was a wonderful employee and would hate to see me go.
6) I have most of this on tape.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2009 08:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Charles-Covert-MD/internet/Dr-Charles-Covert-MD-Psychiatrist-Mercenary-Psychiatrist-Working-for-Local-Businesses-Int-531136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.