Complaint Review: Dr. Dani McVety / Lap of Love, Lutz, Florida

• Updated: Thu, July 24, 2014

• Reported By: Richard G — Safety Harbor Florida
Dr. Dani McVety / Lap of Love, Lutz, Florida
19239 N Dale Mabry Hwy. Lutz, Florida USA

Dr. Dani McVety / Lap of Love Veterinary Hospice and In-House Euthanasia, Lutz, Florida - Negative Review Lutz Florida

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Response

I do not recommend using Dr. Dani McVety of the Lap of Love, Lutz, Florida (Tampa Bay area) to euthanize your pet in home.  In 2011, I spoke with her, by phone, to have my dog put to sleep.  I appreciated that she came to my home on short notice, but that's all I appreciated.  Dr. McVery was not as professional as I expected and she certainly wasn't the compassionate vet she advertises.

Dr. McVety did not discuss what to expect when we spoke by phone. (She could have done so in a minute or so).  She entered my house talking about her stethoscope which she was wearing.  While I was embracing my dog during the euthanasia process, Dr. McVety said "Be careful, she can vomit."  She demanded payment immediately after euthanasia. - She could have either taken my credit card information over the phone or could have waited an hour or two.

In summary, I do not recommend using the services of Dr. Dani McVety of Lap of Love, Lutz, Florida.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2014 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Dani-McVety-Lap-of-Love-Lutz-Florida/Lutz-Florida-33548/Dr-Dani-McVety-Lap-of-Love-Veterinary-Hospice-and-In-House-Euthanasia-Lutz-Florida--1164199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Dani McVety / Lap of Love, Lutz, Florida

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response

AUTHOR: DMcVety - ()

It's very sad for me that my actions were interpreted in this way.  At such a grieving time, most loving pet owners have great difficulty communicating and rarely understand or comprehend what I say.  This is another reason I take such pride in thoroughly explaining the entire process on my website in addition to my usual explanation at the home.   The above comments are taken out of context and interpreted inaccurately.  I was at this client's residence within 1 hour of him calling me and the swiftness of his pet’s medical needs was no doubt a difficult thing to deal with; something I do not fault him for one bit.  I take immense pride in my bedside manner and uphold my veterinary oath by providing the most compassionate and comfortable methods possible.  I have no control over medical conditions (including vomiting) that existed before my arrival and that have clearly evolved to such a point to require such swift, immediate, and extreme action as euthanasia (which literally means “good death”).  The medications and application methods I use are the most researched, approved, and trusted in the industry.  Regarding payment, this is always a difficult thing at such a tough time.  If the pet is suffering, I will always attend to the pet before handling any paperwork.  As I am usually driving, it is impossible to handle this before.  I honestly wish there was an easier and simpler way to address this part of the appointment and I do my very best to never interrupt the human-animal bond at such a difficult time.   Perhaps one day I will be able to do this for free.  But until then, I must do my best to make this as simple and peaceful of a process as possible.

Sir, I'm so very sorry you felt it necessary to expand on this once again.  I'm sorry your experience with your little one was not perfect but please remember that the grief you experienced that day (and beyond) was not my fault, that was simply your immense love of your little girl and exists completely independently of me.  All information that you claim I did not say, I indeed explained to you during my visit... you were nearly impossible to communicate with that day, as many loving pet parents can be.  I don't fault you for that one bit, we each have our mountains to climb.  Very best, Dr Dani