Complaint Review: Dr. Darrell Willerson

Dr. Darrell Willerson
303 Quincy San Antonio, Texas USA

Dr. Darrell Willerson SADISTIC DOCTOR San Antonio Texas

*Consumer Comment: Re: Linda's complaint against Dr Willerson

This was by FAR the WORST doctor experience I've ever had! The waiting time, rudeness of the staff, and demeanor of the doctor cannot be described, but I'll try...

I noticed the vision in my right eye was blurred and full of red "cobwebs."  I googled these symptoms and realized I may have a torn retina and should see a doctor immediately.  I went to see my general practioner who also felt my retina may be torn.  The GP referred me to an opthomoligist (Dr. Darrell Willerson) in his building who agreed to see me right away.

I was given drops to dialate my eyes and made to wait 2 hours before seeing the doctor.  I could not read (eyes dialated) or sleep in the VERY uncomfortable chair.  Also the AC was freezing in the room and I was refused a blanket. The rude staff said they did not have blankets. Once I even went outside in the 103 degree heat to try to warm up. The sunlight burned my dialated eyes.

When he finally arrived in the room, Dr. Willerson did not even introduce himself or ask me any questions. He attached some kind of thing directly on my eyeball (ouch).  The thing looked like a jewelers loupe and was quite heavy hanging off my eyeball.

He began examining my eye with a machine with very bright lights. After the brief examination he told me that I did, indeed, have a torn retina, but with no explanation of what that meant.

I was given NO explanation of the impending procedure or what it was supposed to do to help me. No one took my blood pressure or any other tests before the surgery.  They did not ask me if I was alergic to anything or what medications I was taking.

I was given some "numbing drops" in my eye but nothing to relieve the agitation I was feeling.  I Was given NO sedation before or during the procedure even though I kept crying and asking him to stop because it hurt so much. The doc just ignored me and said it couldn't hurt. I was stamping my foot on the floor to try to distract myself from the pain and flashing laser lights. The doc asked me to stop because it was distracting him. (WTF?) At some point during the ordeal the doc did give me a shot in my eyeball, but it didn't seem to help at all.  After it was all over 4 hours later (he kept leaving me to see to other patients) he REFUSED to give me any kind of pain medication.

The staff kept reminding me how fortunate I was that the doctor was able to work me into his very busy schedule.  They sent me home with no instructions other than to take Aleve. I had to ask for some disposable dark glasses.  They did not ask me if someone was driving me home, nor did they seem to care how I got home.  I had taken the bus there but no one offered to call me a cab.  I couldn't see or stand any light, so I taped my eye shut, put ice on it and tried to sleep. Spent a horrible night in pain.

I returned the next day for followup appointment. The same ridiculous waiting time (appointment at 2 p.m. saw the doc at 4 p.m.) and rude office staff. He examined my still painful eye with no sedation and hurt me again all over. I begged him to write a prescription. Nada.....just told me to take Aleve. I also asked for a patch to keep the light from my eye. They said to go buy one at a drugstore. I am dreading my followup appointment next week.

I will be reporting this SADIST doctor and his RUDE staff to my insurance company and any other agencies I can find.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Darrell-Willerson/San-Antonio-Texas/Dr-Darrell-Willerson-SADISTIC-DOCTOR-San-Antonio-Texas-1074518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Darrell Willerson

Re: Linda's complaint against Dr Willerson

AUTHOR: Jan - ()

Re: Linda's complaint against Dr. Willerson
Dr Darrell Willerson is one the finest, most compassionate Doctors and persons I know.

If I am referred to a busy doctor who will see me "right away," I expect waiting time.
Most doctors' offices are chilly. Take a sweater no matter how hot it is outside. I am sure you would not find blankets at most medical offices.

Eyes are blurry when dilated. You have to wait for dilation to complete. The desk has sun protectors if you go outside. Your referring doctor likely filled him in on your information;  Dr. Willerson did not need to ask you questions.

Linda, you sound like a whiny brat!
You had to wait, the chair was uncomfortable, the AC was cold, you couldn't read or sleep because your eye was dilated, you weren't given a blanket, sunlight burned your eyes, he didn't introduce himself, the procedure hurt, the bright lights, Waaa, Waaa, Waaa!

The staff was right, you were fortunate that Dr. Willerson worked you into his busy schedule!

If you are actually a grown-up, you would know to ASK for someone to call you a cab.
Sorry for the pain, but procedures can cause pain on the way to healing.
Take the Aleve like a big girl.
(It sounds like you were more interested in getting some drugs than fixing your eye condition.)

Dr Willerson is an outstanding doctor. But you are clearly a nightmare of a patient!