adults

• Updated: Sat, April 21, 2012

• Reported By: KC — Riverside California United States of America
Dr. Dennis Wilds' Animal Hospital
625 La Cadena Drive West, Internet United States of America

Dr. Dennis Wilds' Animal Hospital Dr. Wilds Vet Our family dog was pregnant and taken in for a routine check-up before birthing her puppies. The doctor made a decision to remove the puppies and spay the dog without consulting or explaining, Internet

*General Comment: Long time satisfied wilds customer!!!

*General Comment: Bonehead

*Consumer Comment: Dr. Wilds

Dr. Dennis Wilds performed services that were not requested of him. He removed our puppies from our dog by C-section and spayed our dog when we were only dropping her off for a routine physical to make sure she was healthy because of her pregnancy. He rudely (with foul language)told us that we should be happy he didn't charge the complete amount he said should be due for the services that "we never requested him to perform". We picked up our dog expecting to have a pregnant dog with litter of puppies, but he removed and disposed of them! I am sick and then charged us $250.00. Then he tried to get us to buy medication for a "parasite" however, when we went directly to a well known local Vet he told us that if she was not having symptoms of diarhea then the meds were not neccesary. She has had normal stools. And the original estimate for her check-up was between $30-$40. Dr. Wilds is not professional and makes decisions that are not his to make! Very sad family...INHUMANE SERVICES RENDERED!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2010 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Dennis-Wilds-Animal-Hospital/internet/Dr-Dennis-Wilds-Animal-Hospital-Dr-Wilds-Vet-Our-family-dog-was-pregnant-and-taken-in-f-643618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Dennis Wilds' Animal Hospital

#1 General Comment

Long time satisfied wilds customer!!!

AUTHOR: Long time wilds customer - (United States of America)

I have been a customer of wilds for many years and have taken many animals two him with quite the opposite experience. Even though there are closer vets to my home I no longer settle and make the drive to him. The first time I really became a fan I took my dog to another vet close to home because my dog had a sore on her lower belly just above her vagina that would not heal and she kept licking. I thought it was a foxtail. That vet told me she needed a full hysterectomy and she had a serious infection that's why she is licking it raw....$900 quote. I grew up in 4-H and F.F.A. And have been around domestic and farm animals my whole life it just didn't sound right. So I decided to pay for a second opinion Dr. Wilds mildly sedated her and pulled out a fox tail I also found out she was pregnant so this is really the opposite of the original post. The second great experience I had was when my dog had a foxtail in her ear so I took her to another close vet thinking any vet should be able to just pull it out no big deal. Well it was they wanted to do another expensive surgery to remove. I took her to wilds another mild sedation and foxtail removed no sugary required. This exact same scenario happened to a friend I referred them to wilds exact same satisfying result. I suppose if this really happened the way the story was told it could happen vice vs anywhere you go after all people are human and people make mistakes specially in the medical field. My question to you Is this do you know what you call a doctor that graduated with a C average? No? You call him Doctor!!! But in my opinion Dr. Wilds is an A+. He has great prices and has saved my thousands over the years.

#2 General Comment

Bonehead

AUTHOR: Heather - (United States of America)

Why would you drop the dog off for an exam? If you payed for the services did you sign a release or estimate??? Sounds off to me. What DVM would waste his time in surgery without your consent? That was a cheap c-section anyways. Or cheap spay while pregnant. Who would be such a dumb dumb that they would have to see potentially life threatening symptoms before treating a parasite???

I understand being taken advantage of but that doesn't sound like it so for that other apology I don't think it was necc. You must not be into preventing health concerns. Thank god that dog wasn't aloud to reproduce living beings for you or there would be several other parasite ridden puppies dying. You should be thankful the dog is healthy. I used to use this vet and he was short but always helpful. And when you are looking for cheap care, there you go. (I assume you were looking for cheap care since you are complaining about all the prices.) Better luck next time and next time adopt a dog that is fixed!
P.S. That is so funny that you dropped the dog off the dog for a 30-40 dollar exam and you EXPECTED to get your dog back with PUPPIES!!!!!!! You gave up your own lie. Or did you really drop it off for whelping or something???

Dr. Wilds

AUTHOR: betty.b - (United States of America)

Those in the Veterinary world cringe when they hear his name.  However, we have to keep our mouths shut because it's libel to bad mouth a "competitor"    Up until 3 years ago I was working front office for a wonderful Vet who did nothing without talking to the pet's owner, unless it was a time is of the essence situation in which case he would get one of us on the phone.

Having said this, I really want you to know how sorry I am to hear you went through this.  What his explanation for doing what you say he did is beyond me.  If what you say is true (and I personally believe you), then I suggest you report him to the Veterinary Board for possible investigation.

Good luck, BettyB (Corona)